The role is responsible for providing comprehensive and proactive support to the General Manager, West Africa Markets on a wide range of complex tactical and administrative tasks whilst prioritising and taking personal responsibility for all activities in order to enhance effectiveness. This role will also be responsible for executing defined work projects of moderate complexity.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to General Manager, West Africa Markets
Reporting Level Management
Geographic Scope West Africa Markets
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Manage the work schedule (calendars, visits, and work plans) for the General Manager, West Africa Markets to ensure optimal use of time and resources
- Develop and implement reports, memos and other analysis and communication materials for internal and external use using the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Co-ordinate meetings and engagements for the West Africa Area Leadership Team Provide an effective and efficient administrative service to a high level of competency
- Responsible for organising extensive global travel arrangements for Area Director, HR Director, and other Regional visitors- transportation, hotels, and visas in place.
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements and retirements as required
- Using electronic calendars, the jobholder will be responsible for the maintenance of diaries, reviewing and responding to electronic mail for the General Manager, West Africa Markets as required.
- Prepare complex presentations and briefings in English.
- Organises conferences (local and global), workshops and team-build events with professionalism
- Effectively interface with the Executive Assistants of the West Africa Area Leadership Team to achieve targets
- Effective relationship with and Role Model to Executive Assistants within BAT and in other companies
- Develop self through training, learning and development opportunities
- Identify areas for improvement and execute improvement plans as required.
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- 2-3 years of work experience in a similar role in a leading corporate organisation
- Solid secretarial and administrative skills, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-starter, keen and confident to use own initiative
- Proactive “can do” work ethic – flexible approach to working
- Firm foundation of interpersonal skills – mature, responsible, assertive attitude
- Ability to prioritise, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Good numeric skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries
- Very good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- French Proficiency would be an added advantage
- BSc/BA Degree
WE ARE BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.