BD (Becton Dickinson & Company, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey-USA) is a global medical technology company that manufactures and sells medical devices, instrument systems and reagents, and is dedicated to advancing the world of health. Becton Dickinson West Africa based in Accra, Ghana, its West Africa regional office, is seeking a Sales and Application Specialist to drive and accelerate sales growth and penetration of BD’s Life Sciences portfolio in West Africa.
Job Title: Sales And Application Specialist
Responsible for sales and clinical activities of BD Diagnostics for West Africa. The incumbent will develop a sales management strategy to ensure BD Life Sciences delivers on set business targets; carry out any functions as and when required by the supervisor. Actively participate in scientific congresses and / or exhibitions to promote BD Life Sciences products. Develop a market development plan to prepare the market for future BD Life Sciences products.
- Identify strategic market opportunities for the region, build business plans and execute on them to develop and commercialize these opportunities. Acquire complete in-depth knowledge of BD Life Sciences and competitor products in the region.
- Actively visit customers as part of Key Account focus. Develop and maintain a reliable network of key opinion leaders (private and public) and product champions. Take ownership of customer queries ensuring they are handled quickly and professionally. Ensure that all territory management and sales recording systems used are maintained and up to date for all identified customers in the region.
- Execute the distribution strategy – evaluate, select, manage and develop distributors by region and product line. Provide indirect leadership and coaching for distributor management and staff including developing product knowledge; teamwork; and providing ongoing feedback and coaching on performance and development.
- Follow up on payment and collection of receivables of performed sales.
- Ensure the development of reliable budgets and ongoing forecasts for BD Life Sciences sales and G.P. in the region.
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree; preferably in medical technology or life sciences; however a relevant sales marketing or business related qualification will be considered, dependent upon professional experience.
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Must have at least 5 years business, sales and distributor management experience in clinical Microbiology.
- Full proficiency in French is a prerequisite.
- Multi-country and / or export sales experience is preferred.
- Will be able to demonstrate proven success in sales and marketing and developing an effective distribution networks in West Africa within an International Company
- Knowledge in and ability to deal with key opinion leaders (KOL’s)
- Self-motivated and highly driven
- International outlook and cultural sensitivity
- Accepts personal responsibility and has high ethical values.
- Experience in blood collection and culture processes and procedures.