The position is accountable for the execution the Life Science Strategy of the respective territory. It holds full accountability for the for the sales performance for specific countries as determined by the Business Manager LS . The position provides leadership to the Life Science clinical/ applications team including dedicated sales associates when part of the team. This key position provides close collaboration and coordination between the Life Science businesses as well as geographically located functions and co-ordinates all customer and distributor initiatives in the designated territory.
Job Title: Territory Manager Life Science
- Executes all aspects of the LS business strategy for assigned markets to ensure the achievement of financial/budget expectations.
- Engages the LS organization in the territory around objectives with customers and distributors for the complete LS portfolio .
- Supports the the implementation of go-to-market plans, Including market development initiatives, to ensure effective leverage of resources and capabilities.
- Supports the development of marketing plans including Life Science value preposition development, product portfolio management and launching new products.
- Support key financial business processes including FOSY updates, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Proactively monitors the financial performance of the territorty and communicates any deviations from critical project plans. Ensures implementation of any necessary contingency plans and/or corrective actions to effectively mitigate risks.
- A key area of responsibility is effective distributor management and and ongoing review of the distributors in the territory to ensure that we have the right distributors/ partners to execute the strategy in the territory
- Distribution management inc. assessing skills and capabilities of distributor sales reps with , coaching and performance management and account prioritisation
- Leads demand generation and pipeline management to support accurate forecasting
- Where applicable uses the CRM sytem to manage the sale force effectiveness KPIs for the territory
- Overseas the order to cash process for the LS businesses with the territory
- Understands and anticipates external environment trends. Factors that into the execution plans.
- Engage with the external stakeholders, healthcare providers and decision makers to ensure BD understanding of the healthcare agenda and building partnership. Builds understanding and gain acceptance of the BD Life Science value proposition among BD partners.
- Motivates and develops talents within the Life Science organization in order to advance the bench strength of the business.