Founded in 1938, Bible League International (BLI) is an evangelical Christian ministry that is called by God to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ by providing people with Bibles they can understand so that they will be brought into fellowship with Jesus Christ and His Church. This is done worldwide by translating, distributing, and engaging people in the Scriptures. Bible League-Ghana opened in 2001 and is providing ministry throughout the country today.
The Regional Controller is responsible for directing, controlling, planning, organizing, and coordinating the region’s financial activities. This person will also report the region’s financial performance in a timely manner for Ghana, Senegal, Niger and Nigeria. The Regional Controller directs the implementation of a financial management system in the respective region that will enhance worldwide ministry operations, control the accounting of Bible League International’s (BLI) financial activities, and further develop financial reporting in order to position Bible League International for large-scale growth within the region.
The purpose of this position is to control BLI’s regional assets, manage regional financial activities and coordinate consolidation of regional financial activity into BLI’s global financial reports. This person will ensure regional compliance with all relevant laws, policies, and procedures while providing timely and accurate financial reports to management. Daily supervision of all financial transactions within the regional office will be required.
This position will be located in Accra, Ghana.
- Analyze and evaluate financial reports in order to accomplish regional ministry objectives.
- Develop and implement financial, budgetary and inventory control management systems in the regional office and branch offices as necessary, including effective and proven internal control policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective due diligence of granted resources throughout the region, including regular payment vetting against established terrorist watch lists and international sanctions; establishment, implementation, and maintenance of grant agreements with partner agencies; and accountability reporting from partner agencies regarding use of grant funding and compliance with grant agreements.
- To ensure compliance of regional office with all applicable laws, policies and regulations.
- Manage monthly consolidation of regional financial and inventory activity reporting into BLI’s global reporting.
- Monthly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Maintain perpetual inventory records, reconcile to the general ledger, and analyze inventory accuracy against ministry accomplishments. Identify relevant variances and provide explanations for management.
- Prepare special financial reports as deemed necessary by the Corporate Financial or Field Operations Departments.
- Participate in annual Regional Finance Controller meetings and perform other duties as requested by the Regional Operations Director and the Director of International Finance.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct him/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- 5+ years of finance experience required; multi-national experience within a corporation is preferred.
- University degree in Finance or Accounting required. Accounting certification strongly desired with an understanding of International Accounting Standards.
- Must have experience working with corporate accounting software and MS Office.
- Must possess a professional-level proficiency in English and French.
- Should possess good oral and written communication skills, including courteous and professional telephone presence.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Auditing experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time through the region and occasionally to the US for training and development.
How To Apply
Please visit www.bibleleague.org for more information about the ministry.
Cover letter and curriculum vitae may be sent to [email protected] or faxed to 00-1-708-367-8990.
Offer valid till: 18 Mar, 2012