Boart Longyear is hiring a new DS Junior Buyer to be based in Ghana, Ahafo Kenyasi. The DS Junior Buyer is responsible for buying and global availability of spare parts for drill rigs. Purchase and sourcing items in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Interact with internal customers and suppliers. In charge of buying activities for regional DS operations. Accountable for expediting, running order action reports, monitoring lead times and order quantities to achieve proper turns and inventory levels.
Job Title: DS Junior Buyer
- Minimum 2 years of proven working experience with planning and/or buying
- Experience in mining or heavy equipment industry is preferred
- BS Degree or equivalent required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel
- ERP systems
- Maintain adequate inventory levels based on policies and procedures
- Retain supply for critical spares
- Reduce item cost through sourcing activities
- Direct all processes and procedures for rig down situations
- Communicate clearly with internal customers to set expectations and understand customer requirements
- Proactively prevent and resolve issues related to spare parts availability
- Translate demand forecast into most effective supply planning strategy
- Monitor supplier performance and drive KPI performance
- Evaluate supply base, identify risks, and develop sourcing strategies
- Other duties as required