Posted on :
30 Jun, 2016
30 Jun, 2016
A World leader drilling Company is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Fleet Service Mechanic
Job Title: Fleet Service Mechanic Level 2
• To perform,mechanical and hydraulic maintenance to safely maintain service and provide technical support to Drilling Services fleet of drills, vehicles and ancillary equipment to ensure its safe and efficient utilisation.
• This will include the completion of maintenance records, logs, certificates and documentation as required; ensuring statUtory requirements are maintained for respective equipment.
• Dismantles moves, assembles, installs and repairs all types of drill rigs and ancillary equipment.
• Reads and interprets layout plans, blueprints, operating and repair manuals, engineering sketches and often works from verbal instructions.
• Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical equipment and systems requiring the isolation of the malfunction, disassembly of equipment and repair/replacement of bearings, gears and structural components.
• Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and mechanical systems.
• Ensures that adequate duty of care is exercised in all aspects of appointed duties and responsibilities. Personal presentation, behaviour, conduct and compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and any site,specific rules which may apply within varying mine site operations.
The role Includes the following key tasks:
• Mechanical maintenance
• Manage a project and supervise Maintenance team, High leadership is desirable.
• Operate and maintain workshop equipment and paperwork
• Undertake regular planned maintenance on drillng rigs and ancillary equipment
• Undertake breakdown maintenance and repairs on drilling rigs and ancillary equipment
• Diagnostics and repairs to pneumatic and hydraulic systems & diesel engines
• Major overhaul of drilling equipment,including painting end decommissioning as required
• Repairs and service of low voltage electrical and plc systems
• Read and understand engineering, hydraulic and electrical drawings
• Check safety equipment & Perform first aid where required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Mechanical trade qualification
• Sound mechanical experience and Mechanical on project
• Support the Maintenance supervisor on administrative tasks
• Post trade hydraulic training & Electrical experience (low voltage)
• Driving license (truck preferred)
• First Aid Certificate & Forklift Certificate
• MS Office competence & Understanding of stock centre procedures
• Be able to work at height or in adverse weather and dusty conditions
• Possess good communication skills.
• Fluency in English and French is desirable
How To Apply For The Job
Please resume with contact details, certificates, and Cover letter, including two referees to:
Or Mail to:
P. O. Box OS 3287,
Tel: +233 302 745 360
• Please provide release letter from your current/last employer
• Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 28 July, 2016