Posted on :
11 Feb, 2020
11 Feb, 2020
Bolgatanga Polytechnic was established in 1999 to provide career-focused and skill-based education, research and training with an emphasis on hands-on experience and entrepreneurship development.
In line with Government’s policy, the Polytechnic is currently a candidate for conversion to a Technical University. The Polytechnic is an equal opportunity institution and runs programs that challenge learners to be creative, innovative and morally responsible citizens.
Job Title: PRINCIPAL LIBRARY ASSISTANT
Staff in this grade shall be required to perform the duties of Senior Library Assistant at a high level of responsibility; including the following:
· Housekeeping duties in the library;
· Disseminating information to patrons;
· Assisting in ensuring that the library is secured from theft;
· Performing classification and cataloguing of books journals and other materials;
· Preparing Accession Register and Acquisition Register;
· Undertaking weeding of materials;
· Providing inputs for the preparation of the department’s budget; and
· Assisting in stock taking of library materials;
· Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Library Studies, Information or Information Science from a recognized university with at least 5 years post qualification experience;
· Must possess the Diploma in Library/Information Studies with at least 8 years relevant working experience
Must have had a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the grade of Senior Library Assistant
How to Apply
Interested qualified applicants may download Application Forms from the Polytechnic’s website below for completion. The Completed Forms, Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates should be forwarded to the following address not later than two (2) weeks after date of advertisement.
THE REGISTRAR BOLGATANGA POLYTECHNIC P. O. BOX 767 BOLGATANGA.
Closing Date: 13th February, 2020