ConvyPlus Limited (trading as Boost Ghana) is the founding franchise deployment of Boost Technology with exclusive rights in Ghana. Boost exists to help informal small businesses thrive in Africa’s digital economy. ConvyPlus is purpose-driven, ambitious, and relentlessly customer-centric in its approach. Boost Technology powers ConvyPlus with a centralized shared service platform which optimizes us for customer acquisition and service at the lowest possible operating cost.
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
The purpose of your role is to drive the sale of our suite of digital products to small and medium retailers (neighborhood stores) in the assigned region. You will be responsible for recruiting and managing a team of freelancers to achieve retailer acquisition, stock purchase and other product usage targets. Your responsibilities will include:
Sales Freelancer Management & Retailer Acquisition:
- Recruit train and deploy an optimal team of high performing sales freelancers in the assigned region in line with our operational rollout plan;
- Work with the COO in demarcating the region in which we operate into manageable sales territories to achieve our sales and distribution objectives;
- Manage the team of freelancers to ensure daily, weekly and monthly customer acquisition targets are met in the region;
- Develop and provide first-line support to the team of freelancers deployed;
- Always maintain a pipeline of qualified freelancers to ensure timely replacement of any freelancer lost.
Stock Ordering and Other Product Usage in Assigned Region:
- Work closely with the ConvyPlus Channel Officers and the freelancers to achieve the daily, weekly and monthly retailer Stock Ordering targets;
- Support the Channel Officers and the Finance team in the collection of customer payments via the approved channels, achieving the collections targets for each period;
- Implement the Boost customer onboarding program – train all new customers acquired on how to use our digital products, obtain support and how to pay digitally;
- Work with the Channel and Order Fulfillment Officers in managing the relationship with our customers to drive customer loyalty;
- Support the Order Fulfillment Officers and delivery agents in managing the delivery of stock to customers (especially, new customers);
- Overall responsibility for the sale of other products as the ConvyPlus value proposition expands beyond Stock Ordering.
Market intelligence and Product Development Support
- Gather market intelligence and feedback on how customers use our products and those of competitors, sharing promptly to support our operations and strategy;
- When required, conduct special research projects to support product development;
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports on sales activities in the assigned territories;
- Execute all marketing initiatives in the assigned territories as developed by the Marketing & Business Development team in line with brand guidelines.
These values should strongly resonate with you and are the foundations of the company we will build together:
- Purpose driven: You should be motivated by the potential for impact.
- Being real: You are always your honest, authentic self, through good times and bad.
- Tenacity: When faced with adversity, you relentlessly persevere until you find a solution.
- Compassion: You put yourself in the shoes of others to understand their challenges and take action to help them.
- Courage: You do not fear taking the road less travelled, going against the crowd, and making the hard decision.
- Well Being: You take care of yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically to be the best that you can be.
To fit our culture and be successful in this role, you should possess these ways of thinking and behaving:
- Being exemplary and able to inspire confidence in others through the way you behave, work and talk;
- Being open-minded to learn new more effective ways of working and unlearn old ways;
- Ability to bring multiple innovative tools, methods, and thought-processes to the team.
- An ability to continuously assess, prioritize, and complete tasks in a dynamic environment where speed of execution trumps perfection.
- A relentless pursuit to build for scale and a strong distaste for waste and inefficiency.
- A hypothesis-driven approach to continuously experiment, fail, learn, and discover new and better ways of doing things.
- Holding yourself and others accountable to a high standard of performance at all times.
- Being self-aware of your own strengths and weaknesses, continuously seeking feedback and looking to learn and grow.
- Ability to communicate effectively – written and oral across the organization
You should have a demonstrated track record:
- In sales and marketing in FMCG with emphasis on channel development;
- Recruiting and managing a team of high performing sales representatives/freelancers/promoters;
- Achieving customer acquisition and usage targets in a competitive industry and fast paced environment;
- Maintaining strong client orientation and service delivery approach, with the ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders across all levels of seniority
- Leading teams, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Being able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues;
- Customer centricity: being passionate about delivering compelling customer experience and value through design thinking and rapid prototyping
- Customer (retailer acquisition)
- Active freelancers
- Sales value
- Collections (Customer payments)
- Product penetration
- Chief Operating Officer
- Operations team – Channel Officers, Order Fulfillment Officers
- Product Manager
- Customers (Retailers)
What we offer:
- A competitive remuneration with allowances and performance incentives
- Net monthly cash salary range: Fixed net – GHS3,560; Variable net – GHS2,140; Total Range – GHS3,560 – GHS5,700
- 13th Month Pay
- Health Insurance
- Continuous training and development
- Working in a young dynamic and world-class team
- Flexible work schedule
How To Apply
How to Apply: email a one page motivation letter and CV to [email protected]