British American Tobacco is looking to hire wonderful colleagues to join us as Trade Marketing Representatives across Ghana.
Job Title: Trade Marketing Representative
Our new colleagues will have to achieve volume and distribution targets in order to maximise brand availability and visibility, through the execution of essential Trade Marketing activities in line with the channel, price strategies and the required customer service levels.
Operations/ Professional/ Business:
- Implement a Trade Marketing and Distribution plan which meets the objectives of trade marketing & distribution and is in line with brand / price strategy and the needs of the trade to achieve the Company objectives: volume and value share, Numeric and Weighted Distribution for our Drive Brands, Out of Stock)
- Achieve trade coverage, visit frequency and outlet visit plan to maximize route effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage the retailers through the implementation of account strategies and plans to maximize volume, share and other distribution management parameters performance vs. the competition’s.
- Ensure that the territory volume and distribution objectives of company brands are achieved by trade channel and outlet type in order that availability is maximized in line with brand strategies and the needs of the market.
- Ensure optimal stock levels, product quality and freshness through stock management, orientation to the trade and reporting on supply chain and product issues.
- Ensure that price is in line with the company strategy.
- Co-ordinate contract employees to ensure that trade marketing representation in retail chain outlets is superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services (where applicable).
- Manage financial accounts and assets for the territory to ensure that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Manage receivables, cash collection (and credit control) in line with the company policies and trading terms;
- Responsible for accurate invoicing procedures, materials or goods under his control.
- Maintain accurate and relevant outlet information.
- Implement the account plans for merchandising and promotion through support of contract employees to achieve distribution and visibility targets (where applicable)
- Develop and maintain effective information database on trade and competitor activities and communicate in a timely way to Strategy Planning and Insights to improve market understanding.
- To constantly monitor the achievement of yearly/cycle objectives through accurate execution, reporting and feedback.
- To take all reasonable measures to ensure adherence to BAT EHS guidelines as well as all local legislation relating to EHS during the course of work.
- Ensure all duties performed in the market by self and distributor staff adhere to the Tobacco Regulations and BAT Marketing Principles.
- To provide market information and reports to ensure that the relevant marketing people are fully informed at all times.
- Maintain accurate records & monitoring of the achievement of weekly/cycle objectives and to submit reports as requested to ensure effective communication is maintained with management.
- Develop and manage an effective marketing team (Distributor & own DRs) through formal and informal coaching, monitoring, training and morning briefs.
- Align own and Team activity to BAT strategy, policy, processes, values and principles
- Provide support to the trade through regular and accurate communication, problem solving, specialized advice and fair trade.
- Seeks opportunity for growth and development as a leader
- Implement and establish close working relationships with partners (distributors, trade and retailers) in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment.
- Keep the team fully informed at all times of objectives, progress and future action plan in order that effective planning and in-market activities can be implemented.
- Develop and maintain effective information database on trade, and competitor activities and respond to communication in a timely way to Strategy Planning and Insights so as to improve the market analysis.
- Achieve a mutually supportive and beneficial working relationship with the trade by giving assistance and support through regular communication and the prompt handling of problems and requests.
- Ensure the organization/distributor become and grow into benchmark supplier status
Lead by example in the innovation area by trying new ways of doing existing work, embracing and promoting change through new solutions, ideas and strategies that has worked elsewhere.
The job holder must have:
– Approximately 1 to 3 years of experience as sales reps (preferably) in a FMCG company
– Excellent communication and relationship building skills (trade partnership)
– Fair at spoken and written English ( proficiency)
– Planning and selling skills
– Basic Computer proficiency (Word, Excel,..)
– Experience in management of distributors’ organization
– Educated to degree level (3 years of commerce study “Graduate” )
– Good negotiation and influencing skills and capable of obtaining agreement through persuasive argumentation rather through lines authority
– Dynamic , innovative , motivated and proactive
– Ability to co-ordinate & motivate promotional teams, part-timers, merchandisers
– High standard of presentation and appearance