At the British council, we connect people with learning opportunities and creative ideas from the UK. Whether you want to learn or teach English, take an exam or study in the UK, this is the place to start.
Pay Band 4 Locally Appointed Two(2) Years Fixed Term Contract Location: Accra, Ghana
Job Title: Resources Officer
To provide support to the resources team in ensuring the efficient and effective management of all British Council resources.
Accountabilities,Responsibilities and Main Duties
- To support the Office in procurement and general SAP related issues
- To ensure timely service delivery by suppliers
- Assist in updating and reviewing ASL
- Ensure compliance with all BC Procurement standards.
- Ensure value for money and quality transactions.
- Lead on the online vendor request set up.
Services and project delivery
- Follow up on all maintenance schedules for the office and ensure delivery.
- Quality documentation including logging of Invoices/clearing of paid invoices and monitoring of invoices not yet paid.
- Contract logging and monitoring.
- Assist in Information Knowledge management: Focal point for the BSS department
- Demonstrate technical competence and engagement in services, projects and tasks on hand.
- Routine purchases ordered in good time before supplies run out.
- Inventories are kept up-to-date according to Essential Finance at all times.
- Fixed assets records are up-to-date at all times. FIN30, 31, 32 documents are to be submitted to HQs promptly upon acquisition, amendment and disposal of an item.
- Art collection records are kept up-to-date at all times
- IT & Telecom support
Financial planning and management
- To assist with effective facilities management planning, budget management and business risk requirements to ensure expenditure and other targets are achieved effectively.
- Business risks identified are communicated same day.
- All financial transactions meet standards as per Essential Finance standards and Delegated Authorities.
- Weekly reporting, processing and recording of invoices and raise sales orders
- Assist in cash forecasting
- Effective preparation and maintenance of office and residential asset/inventory register.
- Conduct scheduled inventory reviews
Induction/new staff support
- Efficient processing of staff identification and any other required documents e.g.medical cards.
- Ensure staff have all necessary stationery and working tools
- Assist in the relocation and settlement of UK appointed staff
Travel Arrangement/ staff support
- Efficient travel arrangement for staff travel
- Hotel booking and management for staff and consultants in country.
- Booking travel tickets for all staff, consultant and partners travels
- Contributes to general office planning
- Assist in ensuring that British Council’s health and safety standards are maintained, ensuring that the fire safety regulations are met and regular fire drills are held with staff assigned as fire officers
Special requirements for the job;
Some evening and weekend work is required
Skills And Qualifications
At Least One Year Experience in Facilities and Procurement/Supply Chain Management
First Degree from a recognised university