Pay Band 4 Locally Appointed Two Years Fixed Term Contract Location: Accra, GhanaDetails
Job Title: Project Coordinator Higher Education & GSK
Purpose Of Job
To support the direct and indirect delivery of the International Higher Education and GlaxoSmithKline Health fellowship programme project in Ghana.
To effectively delivers products, services, and networks to enable Ghana to achieve defined regional and local project outcomes.
Support the delivery of project outputs by preparing schedules, costing and organization of events and logistics as agreed with the Project Delivery Manager and the Assistant Country Director and in collaboration with partners and external suppliers.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
In line with Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and other overarching corporate policies:
Project Planning And Coordination
- To provide initiative for projects/products and organize project activities including agents and school counselors training, stand assistants training, education UK exhibitions, dissemination seminars, policy dialogues and all related activities to a high standard and within the deadline.
- Responsible for recruitment of stand assistants and scheduling of training sessions
- To co-ordinate all logistics related to the project delivery on travels, accommodation and preparing programmes
- To ensure compliance with corporate standards in all project activities
- To be responsible for identification, procuring and coordinating of internal and external resources for all projects and activities
- To identify and report all risk surrounding the delivery of the project
- To identify and advise on Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in all project delivery and complete appropriate documentation in conformity with EDI procedure
- To provide support to the team by scheduling stakeholder meetings and follow-ups
Procurement And Financial Administration
- To provide financial support to the project manager, including raising of purchase orders, getting quotes from suppliers, tracking payments to British Council corporate financial standards
- To ensure supplier and procurement standards are maintained in all transactions and project activity.
- To facilitate and follow up on all payments in relation to events organized and training delivered
- To assist with the preparation of financial reports
- To provide support in ensuring accurate budget and cash forecasts for the project
Marketing And Communications
- To ensure that projects are marketed to the highest standards in print (press, publications), digitally (websites, social media, TV, radio) and at events (conferences, workshops, meetings).
- To ensure that project documentation, agenda and correspondence are captured and stored safely.
- To develop and manage a comprehensive customer/stakeholder database for all projects
Scorecard, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Responsible for the administration and analyzing of scorecard data for projects
- Effectively monitor, track and evaluate project impact and successes across all projects
- Responsible for compiling first level report on all project outcomes for submission to the project manager
Other administrative work:
As required and delegated by the team members.
Special Requirements For The Job
Some unsocial hours, weekend work and travel may be required
Skills And Qualifications
- Experience in organizing events
- Media and Communication Management
- Conducting Market research
- Project Delivery
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse range of demanding stakeholders
- Experience of basic financial administration
- Degree from a recognized University