Posted on :
13 Jan, 2017
13 Jan, 2017
The BUSAC Fund aims at contributing to the creation of a more enabling business environment for development and growth of the Ghanaian private sector. This is achieved by empowering business membership organizations, trades unions and the media, to influence public policy formulation by undertaking appropriate research, developing evidence based policy positions and advocating those positions with government and other private sector institutions/organization that may be targeted by the action.
The BUSAC Fund was originally launched by DANIDA in 2004 as part of the broader Business Sector Programme Support. The first phase of the BUSAC Fund, which was supported by DANIDA, DFID and USAID, ended in February 2010 after six years of operations. During this phase, the BUSAC Fund provided three hundred and sixty-two grants to business groups and associations spread over all the ten regions of Ghana to undertake advocacy activities aimed at improving the Ghanaian business environment.
Job Title: BDS/Organisation Development Specialist
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in Business Development Services (BDS) provision and or management of BDS providers to SMEs, Private Sector Organizations (PSOs) and Business Associations at a senior level on a donor funded project;
• Must have a minimum of a post graduate degree in Business Management, Economics or a related discipline;
• Experience from working within a Fund Management setup providing BDS services/grants to Ghanaian business associations is essential
Adequacy for the assignment
• Experience in identifying gaps in BDS provision and facilitating the development of a responsive and sustainable BDS delivery system
• Must demonstrate competency in overseeing activities that improve availability and accessibility of effective and efficient business development services.
• Hands on experience with coordinating training for local organizations in feasibility studies, business planning, financial management, etc.
• Experience from working with business associations to develop and streamline business development functions and processes.
• Experience in preparation and oversight of the implementation of training plans to enhance the capacities of Staff, Grantee associations, Service Providers, Monitors, Public officials and other consultants to be engaged.
Experience in the region and language
• Experience from working in Ghana.
• Fluency in English Language.
How to Apply
Applicants should send the application clearly marked with the position with the following relevant supporting documents: Cover letter, most recent Curriculum Vitae, three referees with their contact information and salary history for the past 3 years, to email@example.com / [email protected]
OR deliver it by hand to the BUSAC Fund Manager at the Fund’s Secretariat at No. C49/14, Nii Bonne Crescent, Dzorwulu, Accra, Ghana (Opposite Pentax House)
Closing Date: 11 February, 2017