Posted on :
22 Nov, 2016
22 Nov, 2016
The Business Sector Advocacy Challenge (BUSAC) Fund is a Private Sector support mechanism created and funded by DANIDA, with further support from USAID, DFID (Phase I) and the European Union (Phase II). The project is aimed at contributing to the creation of a more enabling business environment for the development and growth of the Ghanaian private sector.
The BUSAC Fund was originally launched by DANIDA in 2004 as part of the broader Business Sector Programme Support. The first phase of the BUSAC Fund, which was supported by DANIDA, DFID and USAID, ended in February 2010 after six years of operations. During this phase, the BUSAC Fund provided three hundred and sixty-two grants to business groups and associations spread over all the ten regions of Ghana to undertake advocacy activities aimed at improving the Ghanaian business environment.
Job Title: Grant Officer
Adequacy for the assignment
• Hands on experience with grant administration and management to PSOs, FBOs, Business Associations and Media organisations for Business Advocacy;
• Must demonstrate competency with project implementation, supervision and appropriate documentation in relation to contractual obligations under grant agreements;
• Experience from managing grantees and monitors, fostering relationships between grantees and monitors, receiving and screening reports from grantees and monitors, including field visits to ensure attainment of advocacy goals.
• Experience in ensuring appropriate systems are in place for filing and input to computerized databases are accurate plus experience in preparing grant disbursement schedules and managing errors and delays
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of grant management experience at senior level on a donor funded project.
• Must have a minimum of a post graduate degree in finance, economics or a related discipline
Experience in the region and language
• Experience from working in Ghana
• Fluency in English and one local language
How To Apply For The Job
Applicant should send the application clearly marked with the position with the following relevant supporting documents: Cover letter, most recent Curriculum Vitae, three referees with their contact information and salary history for the past 3 years, to:
OR deliver it by hand to the
BUSAC Fund Secretariat at No. 47,
Nii Noi Kwame Street,
Adjacent Relax Court Hotel,
Closing Date: 25 November, 2016
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.