Posted on :
23 Dec, 2014
23 Dec, 2014
BusyInternet, Ghana’s premium provider of internet services for both business and consumer markets and duly recognized first ISP constituent of CIMG’s Hall of Fame, combines its experience and expertise to provide world class Internet solutions to its valuable customers.
BusyInternet offers you an exciting role and the opportunity to join a highly motivated team as well as the chance for personal and professional development in a rapidly-expanding internet operation.
Job Title: Accountant, Fixed Assets
About this job
The Accountant, Fixed Assets will be responsible for fixed assets management, accounting, controls, and record keeping and to define guidelines for their capitalisation under the guidance of company policy, procedures and controls.
The main objective of the Accountant, Fixed Assets is to maintain consistent procedures for fixed assets management, accounting and controls; provide adequately minimal management risk through internal controls; and to ensure proper accounting and reporting.
It is therefore essential that the role holder demonstrates utmost care and diligence in the protection and maintenance of company assets translating into expected revenue.
• Managing the overall accounting for the company’s fixed assets and inventory and ensure its accuracy
• Reviewing existing fixed assets and inventory records to ensure appropriate treatment and documentation
• Monitoring proper classification and locations of fixed assets and inventory
• Assisting with the coordination of physical inventory counts and ensure accuracy within the perpetual inventory system
• Providing internal management with monthly reporting related to fixed assets and inventory
• Coordinating audit requests for the annual financial audit, as well as provide assistance as needed with any tax filing or audits in conjunction with the Tax team.
• Responding to all finance department, audit and tax inquiries relating to fixed assets
• Ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are applied when dealing with all aspects of projects
• Setting an example in outstanding customer service delivery, inspiring those around you with enthusiasm and positive energy.
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in Accounting or Finance
• Partly qualified accountant or minimum of 3 years accounting experience in similar function
• Experience in the telecommunication industry or any of the leading professional services firm is desirable
• Ability to create accurate reports to meet internal reporting and analysis requirements
• Prior fixed asset accounting experience is preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
• Must have strong work ethics
• Demonstrated ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Strong time management, analytical and problem-solving skills
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and application letters to:-
Closing Date: 26 December, 2014