Posted on :
9 Mar, 2020
9 Mar, 2020
Under the leadership of the National Director, the HR Manager & Executive Support will provide operational support and technical advice to management and staff with responsibility to operationalize the HR and administrative procedures, processes and policies within CAMFED Ghana. The titleholder will provide high level confidential executive support to the National Director and will be responsible for managing the Human Resource/Admin team, and ensuring the confidentiality of high-level sensitive organizational information at all times.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager & Executive Support
• Provide operational HR support and technical advisory services to management and staff:
• Take ownership of the integrity of the data within the HR staff database, ensuring the management, confidentiality and safety of employee records including keeping records up-to-date on Salesforce database
• Operationalise and ensure compliance to HR procedures, guidelines, processes and policies within the organisation
• Coordinate reviews, update and advice on human resource policies, procedures, strategies and guidelines
• Undertake employee inductions and orientation for staff in consultation with Managers
• Coordinate and support Managers in staff training and development
• Work with teams to build and develop a conducive organisational culture and climate that enhances learning, efficiency and high performance towards the achievement of the objectives and strategic goals of the organisation
• Work with colleague Managers to develop strategies to utilise the skills, competence and abilities of the human resource in the organisation through the Performance Development Planning process (PDP)
• Develop and roll out in-house training programmes for staff
• Coordinate talent management and succession planning in consultation with managers
• Advise management on labour related issues
• Support Managers in ensuring employee health and safety at all times.
• Support Managers with advice on disciplinary and grievance procedures in the organisation
• Support in compensation and benefits administration by providing the finance team and payroll administrator with updates on any changes to staff circumstances
• Represent CAMFED Ghana at International HR/EA meetings
• Support the welfare committee in ensuring employee welfare, wellness and health
• Handle the information needs and administrative details of National Director
• Manage and maintain National Director’s schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
• Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute in-coming communications/requests appropriately in a timely manner
• Schedule board meetings, including logistics, sending materials for review prior to the meetings, and taking and distributing minutes of board meetings
• Schedule management meetings, including sharing agenda and taking and distributing meeting minutes.
• Assist the National Director to organise workflows and follow up actions on delegated tasks
• Conduct some research to inform National Director ahead of key meetings/engagements
Administration & Team Management
• Support and supervise the Human Resource/Admin. team to deliver a comprehensive administrative and HR support service to staff and management
• Provide administrative support to the Director of Impact and the National Director in the management of the CAMFED Accra and CAMFED Tamale offices respectively
• Develop and periodically review job descriptions (JDs) of HR/Admin team members
• Oversee foreign visits/travels coordination (incoming & outgoing)
• Oversee the development and maintenance of relationships with service providers
• Supervise the timely payments of utility and other office running bills
• Supervise the organisation of staff planning meetings and others at the direction of the National Director
• Provide regular HR and administrative updates to staff under the direction of the National Director
• Ensure the HR/Admin. team complies with processes, procedures, policies & guidelines
• Support the development of CAMFED Ghana’s strategic and annual work plans
• Implement the approved HR and Administration annual/quarterly work/operating plans and budgets in compliance with donor requirements and CAMFED’s policies and procedures
• Ensure that HR/Admin team members prepare accurate and complete quarterly Expenditure Authorisations (EAs), Weekly Payment Proposals (WPPs) with full support documentations, and follow up to collect all receipts/acknowledgement forms from clients/vendors or other
• Timely input of completed activities into salesforce and the timely reporting on activities
• Oversee procurement meetings and documentations/contracts
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the National Director.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The Human Resources Manager & Executive Support will have a robust HR knowledge and excellent team-working and relationship-building skills and an outstanding ability to work and communicate effectively with colleagues across international teams.
• S/he will share CAMFED’s core values and ethos of transparency and accountability, and will bring high levels of energy, proactivity and commitment to the role.
• Proven track record of providing HR support and advice.
• Relevant and recognised qualification in HR Management and Administration.
• Ability to work with Executive Team and Board member level, with exposure to external stakeholders.
• Proven knowledge of employment legislation.
• Excellent IT skills including proficient database skills.
• Flexible and able to prioritise competing work load.
• Ability to communicate complex and sensitive information with discretion and confidence.
• Able to work under pressure and as part of a team both nationally and internationally.
• Motivation and commitment to CAMFED’s work.
How To Apply
Please send your CV together with a covering letter and reference ‘HR Manager & Executive Support’ to [email protected]
Closing Date: 13 March 2020