Job Title: Senior Gender Advisors – Long Term Consultancies
The Canadian High Commission seeks to engage the services of two (2) Senior Gender Advisors who will provide professional, technical, strategic and advisory support to the CIDA Ghana Programme team.
- Status: Full Time Consultants (up to 20 days/month per contract)
- Duration: 18 months (plus the possibility of a 1 year renewal)
Scope of Work:
- The Senior Gender Advisors will work closely with the CIDA Ghana Programme Team to provide technical assistance, project and programme monitoring, and advice on programme design and implementation.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must be legally and operationally in a position to work in Ghana
- Must possess a Masters degree from a recognised university or relevant graduate diploma of a national institute in the field of social sciences, gender studies, political science, international development or other relevant or comparable fields
- Minimum of seven (7) years recent* experience working in an advisory capacity in the area of gender equality or social development. *Recent experience means within the last fifteen (15) years
Other Technical Requirements:
- Applicants will also be assessed based on other technical requirements such as understanding of gender equality issues/trends and gender policies, institutions and actors in Ghana, especially those affecting food security/agriculture, water and sanitation, governance and economic growth; experience providing technical assistance/advice on gender equality in Ghana; experience in project planning/design, monitoring and gender analysis/assessments/evaluations; and understanding of the requirements for effective policy dialogue on gender equality
How To Apply
A detailed copy of the TORs for both positions can be picked up form the reception at the CIDA Programme Support Unit, 38 Independence Avenue. Applicants residing outside of Greater Accra Region an request for TORs by sending e-mail request to: [email protected].
Qualified candidates are invited to pick up a “Request for Proposals” document from the CIDA Programme Support Unit (38 Independence Avenue) for detailed instructions on how to apply. Applicants residing outside of Greater Accra Region can request for a Request for Proposals document by sending e-mail request to: [email protected].
CIDA Programme Support Unit, 38 Independence Avenue
Email: [email protected]