Carbon is a pan-African digital bank focused on serving Africans on the continent and in the diaspora. Carbon transformed retail finance with the launch of its digital app in Nigeria and is focused on democratizing opportunity beyond finance for consumers and small and medium enterprises. From our headquarters in Lagos, and offices in London and Nairobi our expansion plans will position us in 6 more countries in the North and West of Africa in the next 2 years as we continue to focus on providing access to financial services to the “Next Billion” starting in Africa.
Job Title: Credit & Risk Management Lead
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly skilled individual who will have primary responsibility for various functions in addressing credit related issues, including but not limited to risk and underwriting guidelines, credit culture awareness, credit policy and strategy support.
As Credit & Risk Management Lead your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out periodic reviews of Carbons risk assets and providing data, analytics and insights on macro and micro economic variables and the implications on the risk assets creation and management for the company.
- Ensuring all internal credit policies and procedures are adhered to and help to develop or enhance such policies and procedures
- Managing unsecured lending portfolios and continually optimizing risk strategy for acquisition, fraud, and collection.
- Analysis and appraisal of customers’ credit requests in accordance with approved policies and procedures to ensure that credit exposures are created subject to stipulated guidelines (fulfilling conditions for disbursement).
- Providing support, direction, credit Information and loan policies and procedures to ensure the overall quality of the company’s lending portfolio.
- Monitoring the strict adherence to credit related regulations (Single obligor limits, aggregate large exposures etc.)
You should apply if you have:
- Passion and drive to disrupt the consumer lending industry for the better
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, or other quantitative related field. An MBA or a Master’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative related field will be a plus
- Proven work experience in a similar role, and demonstrable knowledge of the consumer credit market in Ghana, key industry players, and the regulatory and macro economic environment
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements and business dynamics, and an analytical approach to solving problems
- The ability to manage competing deadlines in a high-pressure environment, with varying ranges of supervision
- At Carbon, People are the heart of the business, so we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to;
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work life balance and offer a remote working option for certain roles.