The Organizational Development Advisor is a member of the Forest and Natural Resource Program (FNRP) and will work under the overall supervision of the FNRP Coordinator.
S/he will be hosted by a strategic partner of the FNRP based in the Western Region and will receive day to day support and backup from the Executive Director of the hosting organisation.
S/he is responsible for developing and ensuring strategies for implementing domain of change s/he leads there to achieve breakthroughs. The position is based in the Western Region with some level of travel to Tamale to support the Agric and Food Security Program.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Take lead responsibility for providing strategic Leadership for the implementation of the Civil Society strengthening agenda of the FNR program
- Lead the development and implementation of FNRP Civil Society Strengthening strategy with the involvement of other key staff such as the Gender and Livelihood Team Leader, Staff of Strategic Partners, Forest Watch Ghana, etc.
- Facilitate the Mobilization and capacity building of Civil Society for advocacy from the grassroots to the Regional level in line with DANIDA’s Civil Society Strengthening Strategy
- Participate in the Strategic Partner’s project planning, implementation and project management meetings
- Lead the design / development of project concept notes / proposals for the domain of change
- enhance regular Monitoring & Evaluation for CSS ensuring the documentation of the program experiences in Civil Society Strengthening
- In collaboration with the Gender and Livelihood Team Leader and Strategic Partners, strengthen linkages between communities and District Assemblies
Required Skills or Experience
- Masters degree in Organizational Development or related field
- 5 years progressive experience in the area of OD design and implementation and civil society strengthening
- Experience in gender mainstreaming at country or agency level. Knowledge in research, tools for gender analysis and reporting
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, networking, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent administrative and project planning skills, management and reporting skills, monitoring, qualitative analysis and writing skills, supervisory and coaching skills
- Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet)
- Team player, highly-motivated, self-starter, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of communities livelihood issues
- Experience in working with District Assemblies and NGOs
Interested candidates should request application forms at [email protected] Deadline for submission of completed application forms is June 8, 2011. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY
Closing: 15 Jun, 2011