Posted on :
22 Jun, 2020
22 Jun, 2020
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.
We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.
We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.
We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.
We challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact.
Job Title: Social and Behaviour Change Communication Specialist
• Social and Behaviour Change Communication Specialist – CARE INTERNATIONAL IN GHANA
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana (“CARE”) is seeking qualified candidates for a role as Social and Behaviour Change Communication Specialist . The full-time position will be based in Sunyani and will require frequent travel to Western North, Ashanti and Bono Regions.
• The Social and Behavioural Change Communication (SBCC) Specialist will be responsible for providing overall technical assistance for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SBCC strategies as well as building the capacity of project team and the frontline staff in SBCC. S/he will ensure the utilization of best practices and global learning to inform the development of effective SBCC strategies, frameworks, tools, materials)) for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) in the COVID-19 Stop the spread Project.
• The Social and Behavioral Change Communication Specialist will also lead the Project team’s efforts in Partnerships. This work will entail support to partners with whom the project has joint plans to incorporate RCCE SBC interventions in their COVID-19 response programs, develop and SBC strategic plans.
Key areas of responsibility of the Social and Behaviour Change Specialist will include:
• Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) technical assistance – Provide technical direction to define SBCC approaches and activities in the project and ensure minimum standards are being upheld. Provide technical assistance and quality assurance for the development of messages, methods and tools to effectively promote community-based behavior change to prevent or mitigate the spread of COVID-19 .
• Capacity Building – Build the capacity of project staff and partners in SBCC, including organizing SBCC Training of Trainers (ToTs) and providing regular technical guidance and support for government and district Partners staff. Provide oversight to the SBCC program components, including undertaking field visits to partners to oversee implementation, provide on-site feedback on required improvements, and generate field visit reports with timely and appropriate follow up on action points.
• Partnership management Support – Liaise and maintain relationships with Partners with whom the project has joint collaboration on COVID 19 SBCC. Ensure that all supported SBCC activities from Partners are properly planned, delivered, and documented. Provide support and ensure quality assurance of partners and consultants and working on COVID-19 SBCC in the project.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Social or Behavioral Sciences, Public Relations, Public Health, or related fields;
• At least 5 years of SBCC-specific experience in designing, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SBCC strategies and materials as well as related training;
• Experienced in pre-testing and concept testing SBCC approaches and content;
• Strong organizational skills, and ability to lead a stream of work;
• Proficient writing and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with a multi-cultural team;
• Ability to think creatively
• Relevant Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Office
• Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
• Excellent Stakeholder engagement and management
How To Apply For The Job
Submit applications via email to:
[email protected] with the “Social and Behaviour Change Communication Specialist Application” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Closing Date: 30 June, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applicants should be aware that CARE has zero tolerance for fraud and corruption, and toward any kind of harassment, exploitation and abuse.
At CARE, we know that recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is critical to achieving our mission of ending global poverty. CARE defines “diversity” beyond the regular classifications of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability, and includes diversity of perspectives that uphold CARE’s core values. Our goal is to create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity in everything we do. We are also committed to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for our staff, partners and beneficiaries with specific attention to protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child protection.
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY