Posted on :
22 Jun, 2020
22 Jun, 2020
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.
We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.
We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.
We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.
We challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact.
Job Title: M & E Specialist – CARE INTERNATIONAL IN GHANA
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana (“CARE”) is seeking qualified candidates for a role as M & E Specialist. The full-time position will be based in Sunyani and will require frequent travel to Western North, Ashanti and Bono Regions.
• The M& E Specialist is responsible for designing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans including indicators, analysis, monitoring, and learning in accordance with project document. S/He will work with the Project Manager to establish sound reflective practices as a basis for the advancement of project objectives. The M&E officer will supervise and coordinate data collection activities at both community and district levels and provide technical backstopping. S/He will build capacity of field teams to monitor project implementation and measure any changes and lessons in the project operational areas.
Key areas of responsibility of the M & E Specialist will include:
• M&E Technical Support to the project – Lead on the design of project level M&E data collection tools, M & E plan/schedule and M&E frameworks in conjunction with the Project Manager in accordance with the Common Humanitarian Accountability Framework. Facilitate cross-learning across the project regions on COVID-19 programming best practices
• Non -food Item Distribution Monitoring – Warehouse monitoring, Package assembling monitoring of hygiene and WASH supplies, Package monitoring at distribution points
• Action Research, Documentation and Dissemination – Conduct Focus Group Discussion (FGDs) with beneficiaries and project staff using Quality & Accountability FGD Outline. Facilitate and support the documentation of project processes, human interest stories achievements, draft reports, case studies, articles for use in the dissemination of best practices. Produce other reports as may be required in the project to ensure that all processes and project outcomes/results and lessons are thoroughly documented and disseminated
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum degree of BA./BSc in Social Sciences, Natural Resource Management , Development Studies, Public Health, Gender Programming, Computer Science/Statistics/Information Management and another discipline relevant to rural development. MA/MSc or Postgraduate/specialized training in project planning and monitoring/evaluation will be an added advantage.
• At least 3-5 years of work experience in development projects preferably emergency, health or gender projects, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge in Emergency Response programming, and using virtual tools for data collection.
• Experience in M & E development, quality improvement experience preferably with an International NGO.
• Excellent Knowledge in Emergency response programming, log frames, project baselines, evaluations;
• Proven experience in M & E capacity assessments and development plans
• Proven Capacity in using online data collection tools and data analysis software
• Strong facilitation skills, training, and coaching skills
• Excellent Written and verbal communication in the English Language;
• Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
• Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, MS Project
• Ability to build and work in a team, Good interpersonal skills
• Problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Excellent Stakeholder engagement and management
How To Apply For The Job
Submit applications via email to:
[email protected] with the “M & E Specialist Application” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Closing Date: 30 June, 2020
Applicants should be aware that CARE has zero-tolerance for fraud and corruption, and toward any kind of harassment, exploitation and abuse.
At CARE, we know that recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is critical to achieving our mission of ending global poverty. CARE defines “diversity” beyond the regular classifications of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability, and includes diversity of perspectives that uphold CARE’s core values. Our goal is to create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity in everything we do. We are also committed to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for our staff, partners and beneficiaries with specific attention to protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child protection.
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY