CARE International is one of the World’s leading humanitarian and development organizations. Founded in 1945, CARE has been fighting global poverty and defending the dignity of people around the world, working in over 90 countries around the globe.
CARE started operations in Ghana in 1994 and have for the past 23 years, has partnered government agencies, multinational and Civil Society organizations to undertake interventions in the areas of education, food and nutrition security, financial inclusion, women’s empowerment, governance, among others.
Job Title: Project Officer
CARE has a vision of a world of hope where all live in dignity and security… do you want to help us achieve this vision? CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of a Project Officer for a Cocoa Extension Project in partnership with Mondelez International.
This is a 2-year project aimed at increasing cocoa productivity and sustainable access to food crops; enhancing farmer organization and bargaining power of cocoa farmers; and increasing the capacity of community leaders to own and lead their development processes.
The project will be implemented in 44 communities in the Wassa-East district of the Western region.
- The Project Officer (PO) will be based in CARE Kumasi Sub-Office with regular visit to the Wassa East district of the Western region.
- The Project Officer (PO) will be based in the Kumasi Sub- Office and will be required to travel to project communities in the Daboase district of the Western region at agreed periods.
- The PO will report directly to the Project Manager, also based in the Kumasi Sub-Office.
- Implement project activities as per agreed work plan and Monitor project implementation against work plan
- Generate all project reports incorporating data and information from the M&E Officer for review by Project Manager (including monthly forecast and quarterly financial and activity reports)
- Develop Scopes of Work and Terms of references and facilitating contractual processes for all Project consultancy activities in consultation with another project team/staff for Project Manager Approval
- Support the PM in dissemination of information and knowledge generated through the project widely and effectively to stakeholders including the District Assembly and other decentralized departments.
- Facilitate and support all M&E processes of the project
- Facilitate and organize quarterly District Stakeholder Committee meetings
- Support the PM in the dissemination of information and knowledge generated through the project widely and effectively to stakeholders including CCP PCU
- Support the PM to design, develop and implement project strategies and plans, ensuring they are in line with the project objectives, strategies and principles, and CARE’s mission and vision.
- Support the PM to design and implement project approaches and methodologies aiming towards community empowerment, partner capacity building, partnerships and policy influence as well as lesson learning.
- Facilitate linkages, learning and synergy between the project and other Sub Office projects
- Contribute as required to the development of new programme initiatives in the sub office
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum qualification of a first degree from a recognized university preferably in Agriculture, Social Science, Community Development, Education and Management Information System
- A good knowledge in Project Management will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years post qualification in a cocoa community development project management environment
- Relevant experience in capacity building activities and working with cocoa farming communities, CBOs, traditional institutions, NGOs and public sector agencies
- Strategic and conceptual thinking ability
- Critical thinking, creative and analytical
- Excellent communication skills and good team player
- Experience in facilitating linkages, relationship building and networking
- Experience in smallholder agri-business and capacity building
- Good written and oral communication skills in English. Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders (strong demonstrable report writing skills). Ability to communicate in Twi (Akan
- Excellent facilitation, People Skills, Integrity and Resilience / Adaptation and flexibility
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to [email protected].
- PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
- Closing date for submission of applications is Tuesday 25th September, 2018.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY