Posted on :
1 Jun, 2016
1 Jun, 2016
CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects.
Our Mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world
Our Vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Finance and Grants Manager -Northern Ghana Governance Activity Project (NGGA).
The NGGA initiative in Ghana is part of CARE Ghana program that seeks to promote and strengthen responsive governance for improved agricultural development in Ghana. CARE is the lead implementer in a consortium for the capacity building intervention located in 26 target MMDAs of the Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions of Ghana. The NGGA consortium brings together first-hand knowledge and expertise in evidence-based, gender responsive development programming in Northern Ghana to empower poor women and smallholder farmers to promote more productive and equitable engagement in Agriculture through training, networking, advocacy and joint action. This Northern Ghana Governance Activity is being implemented with the generous support of the American People, through USAID.
Job Title: Finance and Grants Manager
• To oversee and coordinate all project accounting transactions so that funds for project operations are available on time and are accounted for correctly consistent with the rules and regulations guiding the use of USAID funds. The Finance and Grants Manager will be based at the National CARE – NGGA Office in Tamale and would be expected to undertake regular travels to project target districts/communities across the project districts in Ghana.
• Coordinate all the project accounting transactions so that fund for the project operations are available on time and are accounted for correctly
• Coordinate and consolidate all expenditure of the project and sub-office and submit monthly cash budget to Accra for cash transfer to the project office bank account;
• Prepare all disbursement, adjustments, receipts Vouchers and cheques for signature;
• Pay staff, suppliers and service providers and obtain receipts against same;
• Check all advance justifications including supporting documentation and prepare AJEs for approval in Accra;
• Request and reconcile the monthly bank statements, and inform the and CARE MO in case of anomalies;
• Assist and facilitate the annual budget preparation for the NGG project;
• Monitor expenditures against budgets and inform the COP of the major discrepancies;
• Assist COP to abide by donor conditionalities with regards to project expenditure;
• Provide support in preparation and revision of project budgets prior to submission to the donor;
• Provide cost analysis information as require by COP;
• Prepare and coordinate the preparation of periodic reports to the donors and key stakeholders as required by contracts meeting all reporting deadlines;
• Conduct financial capacity assessment of partners;
• Assist in the drafting of local NGO partners MoU and Sub-recipients agreement with consortium members;
• Provide financial capacity building support to partners;
• Assist partners (consortium members and CSOs) to maintain appropriate books of accounts, documentation and ensure proper accounting for CARE and USAID funds;
• Advise project managers and Sub-office Coordinator on partnership financial management issues;
• Review partners reports and records to ensure that CARE funds are used judiciously and to the maximum benefit of the CARE project/component;
• Keep track of CARE funds with partners (consortium members and CSO’s);
• Assist in reviewing and liquidation of sub-grantees expenditure.
• Maintain an up to date inventory (electronic Inventory register) for the NGGA office assets including vehicles, office and project equipment following established procedures
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of University Degree in Finance, Administration, Management, Business or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience.
• Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in projects/operations & finance management, preferably in an International NGO sector.
• Good budgeting and financial management skills
• Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills, presentation and reporting skills.
• Team player, highly-motivated, flexible, able to travel extensively and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Computer skills that must include Microsoft Excel,
• Ability to building trust and commitment for action, Project Budgets and Finances
• Great communication and Planning competencies
• Previous experience working with an INGO or USAID Funded Project.
• Excellent Analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills; Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines; Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Contract management, Administrative systems and practice, policies and procedures.
• Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Closing Date: 14 June, 2016
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY