CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.
Women are at the heart of CARE’s community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of HIV, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources.
CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
Community Facilitators – CARGILL Project – Kumasi
Duration of Contract – 6 Months
CARE International in Ghana is inviting applications from qualified persons to fill the positions of 4 Community Facilitators for a CARGILL Project in Kumasi.
Community Facilitators – (4 Candidates)
The Community Facilitators will serve as community resources for financial mobilization and community contacts. The successful candidates will ensure the stability of community savings and Loans by assisting members organize themselves and build their own resources through a VSLA or community managed savings and Loans associations. Their responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Facilitate the creation of independent VSLAs and maintain a training relationship with groups for up to one year.
- Ensure that VSLA management committee fulfils its responsibilities and behaves democratically
- Build awareness and confidence of prospective participants to learn the VSL system, use it properly and save actively.
- Ensure the stability of community savings and loans associations by assisting members organize themselves and build their own resources through VSLA or community managed savings and loan group.
- Collect monthly group data to be submitted to the Cargill Field Agent.
- Support in compiling field report from groups and community leaders to generate project-Level information for donor reports, as well as for policy and project-oriented publications.
- Work with partner organizations to develop quarterly operating plans that result in widespread expansion of VSLAs.
- Work with the local groups to define, test and document the linkage between mature VSLAs and formal financial institutions.
- Work with groups to develop and implement methods for measuring the impact of VSLA participation on individuals, children, households and communities.
- Support in organizing the project monitoring and evaluation system and produce reports as required.
- Facilitate and support the documentation of processes and achievements including documentation for public dissemination
- Ensure CARGILL project team is informed by developments in community microfinance approaches and the related issues in Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree in Social Sciences, Adult Education or related field
- At least 2 years field experience in community mobilization using participatory methodologies.
- Proven experience in capacity building programming for district and community-based Cocoa stakeholders
- Relevant experience in Village Savings Loans Associations (VSLA) is a plus.
- Excellent Training, Facilitation & Presentation skills.
- Experience in participatory and adult training / education.
- Adherence to CARE’s core values (Respect, Integrity, Commitment & Excellence) and competencies
- Good spoken and written English plus excellent spoken Twi.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Closing date for submission of applications is Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY
Offer valid till: 22 Aug, 2012