Posted on :
1 Aug, 2016
1 Aug, 2016
CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects.
To serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
Job Title: Food and Nutrition Security Programme Manager.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Food and Nutrition Security Programme Manager.
The Food and Nutrition Security Programme Manager (FNSPM) is responsible for overall leadership, strategic direction, management, implementation and development of the FNS Program in accordance with the CARE Ghana Country Program strategy, The FNS Program Manager is ultimately accountable for the program quality and impact of the program through the quality supervision, coaching and backstopping of project managers. It is the responsibility of the Program Manager to ensure coordination and synergy between other CARE Ghana programs and identify opportunities for partnerships and alliances. The FNS Program Manager is a member of the Strategic Leadership team. He or she will spearhead the development of new initiatives,, partnerships with public and private sector players with the view to increasing and strengthening the food and Nutrition Security Portfolio of CARE Ghana. This should be in line with CARE International 2020 Program strategy that seeks to ensure that 50 Million people particularly women and the most vulnerable are food secure and climate resilient.
• Design & develop the FNS program, strategies and plans, ensuring they are in line with the overall Country Program Strategy, CARE’s mission and vision, as well as CARE Internationals Food and Nutrition Security and Climate Resilience strategy.
• Design and implement project approaches and methodologies aiming towards community empowerment, NGO capacity building, Civil Society Strengthening, working in partnerships, policy analysis and advocacy.
• Design Food and Nutrition Security programs with an emphasis on market and value chain systems analysis.
• Ensure that CARE Ghana’s Food and Nutrition Security programs are designed to be Nutrition Specific and or Nutrition Sensitive.
• Given CAREs focus and emphasis on empowerment of women, ensure that food and Nutrition interventions and programs are designed with the focus on women’s and girls at the center of all interventions.
• Ensure that CARE Ghana’s FNS program focuses on ensuring that program beneficiaries adopt climate resilience strategies to ensure long term sustainability of interventions.
• Ensure that program strategies are aligned with CARE Internationals program strategy with particular emphasis on ensuring that interventions provide for climate resilience and adaptation of beneficiaries.
• Oversee FNS program monitoring and evaluation system. Ensure Monitoring and learning is incorporated into evolving program plans
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting of program finances and progress status, review financial performance against budget and explain variances on a regular basis.
• Supervise Project Managers and the FNS team and adhere to the CARE performance Management System
• Make regular field visits to provide support in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Ensure the FNS program is informed about developments Food and Nutrition and Security issues in Ghana, Africa and beyond
• Develop guidelines, technical briefs, innovation briefs that aim to show CAREs approach and successes in the Food and Nutrition space in Ghana
• Participate and build relationships with private and public sector entities with the aim of positioning CARE as a leader in Food and Nutrition Security Interventions in Ghana. Participate in Food and Nutrition working groups in Country, including the MOFA sectoral committees.
• Develop and coordinate relationships with other players in the FNS space including research Institutions, Civil Society networks and other entities with the aim of continuously positioning CARE as a leader in the area of Food and Nutrition Security Development.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (rural/social development/agriculture/ Nutrition with an understanding and experience in the markets and value chain development
• At least Five years of relevant working experience, including a minimum of two years practical programme management experience, including financial management.
• Experience in managing large agricultural, Food and Nutrition Security programs
• Experience working with donor funded programs/ donors such as USAID, DFID, private foundations etc
• Knowledge of private sector development/ issues, Women’s economic empowerment and knowledge of the role of women in Food and Nutrition Security.
• Strong experience and knowledge of agriculture and food and nutrition security sector and policies, strategic design, civil society organizations activities, networking, and rights based approaches to development
• Proven experience and understanding of food and nutrition security issues linked to poverty reduction
• Experience of working with partners is key to this position
• Resilience and Climate change knowledge would be an added advantage
• Strategic and conceptual thinking ability, decision making and political acumen
• Proven and demonstrable facilitation skills, negotiation skills and networking skills including facilitating change, innovation and initiating action
• Commitment to and understanding of a process and livelihood approach to development
• Excellent professionalism, relationship building and communication skills
• Ability to build commitment of others, developing teams and operational decision making
• Adherence to CARE’s core values and competencies (RICED)
• Good spoken English and excellent English writing skills
• Computer skills that must include Microsoft Office and Excel
• Ability to drive and possession of a driving license with clean record
How to Apply For the Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:-
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Closing Date: 10 August, 2016
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY