Posted on :
17 Feb, 2017
17 Feb, 2017
CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects.
Our mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world
Our vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of a Zonal Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M & E) for the Ghana Strengthening Accountability Mechanisms Project (GSAM).
The Ghana Strengthening Accountability Mechanisms (GSAM) project is a 5-year USAID sponsored project that seeks to strengthen citizen oversight of capital projects to improve local government transparency, accountability and performance. CARE International in Ghana (CARE) as lead organization, in partnership with IBIS in Ghana (IBIS) and the Integrated Social Development Centre (ISODEC) has been awarded the Cooperative Agreement to implement Component 2 of the GSAM project in 100 Districts of Ghana over the project period with the objectives of: increasing availability of accessible information on MMDAs’ capita projects performance in 100 districts; strengthening CSOs and citizens capacity to monitor MMDAs’ capital projects in 50 districts; and increasing the use of citizen-generated information on MMDAs’ capital projects in 50 districts.
Job Title: Zonal Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M & E)
• To set out the framework for the understanding of duties, tasks, responsibilities, and targets accompanying the position of Zonal Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Officer; for the achievement of the overall goal of GSAM Project under the USAID Consortium.
• The Zonal M & E Officer will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Specialist. This position will be based in Kumasi.
• Provide Support to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Specialist through:
• Management and Coordination of all GSAM M&E related Programmes and Activities in the specific Zone;
• Assist partner CSOs to Develop Mechanisms for Promoting Citizen-based Monitoring and Evaluation of Public Policies and Programmes in your Zone;
• Monitoring and data collection:
• Carry out Joint Periodic Field Monitoring Visits to verify Project Implementation;
• Work with CSOs and Communities in your Zone to ensure Participation and Monitoring of Digital –E platform;
• Carry out Periodic Compilation, Synthesis and Analysis of District Level Data;
• Prepare Periodic Reports on findings of your field visits with Geo-Tagged GPS Locations in Standardized Reporting Format for the MIS
• Work as a Zonal Focal Person and Provide Support to Community Level CSOs in Collecting, Tracking and Reporting of District Level Monitoring Data;
• Support M&E Strategy
• Provide Lead in the implementation of Zonal Level Three Pronged M & E Strategy, which includes (a) Measuring of Impact and Outcomes of the Project (b) CSO Monitoring of MMDA Capital Investment Projects and Campaigns in Districts of the Zone and (c) Direct Community Monitoring of MMDA Capital Projects and Campaigns in specific Zonal district districts;
• Gender Inclusiveness
• Work Assiduously to ensure Gender Sensitive and Inclusive M & E in your Zone by Monitoring the needs of Women and Men, Children and Adults, the Aged, People with Disability and Excluded in Capital Projects;
• Carry out any other Duties and Responsibilities that might be assigned by the Chief Party.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of undergraduate degree in Development Planning, Statistics, Project Management or other related fields from a recognized University.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation especially at the local level
• Skills in developing appropriate data collection tools, and ability to assist in collecting required data, analyze, integrate and use such data to accurately identify and diagnose key issues and further assist in developing strategies and plan to resolve them
• Commitment to achieving results, deadline driven, proactive and self-motivated.
• Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SPSS, MS Project
• Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.
• Excellent oral and written English is required. Fluency in some of the local language(s) in the communities of the Zone that the applicant is applying for would be an asset.
• Ability to build and work in a team
• NGOs experience; development M & E, quality improvement experience
• A Good Relationship Skill and a good learning portfolio
• Ability to Multitasking, work under pressure and deliver
• Writing, presentation and reporting skills
• Strong skills in the design and implementation of M & E systems
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Closing Date: 15 March, 2017
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY