CARE International is one of the World’s leading humanitarian and development organizations. Founded in 1945, CARE has been fighting global poverty and defending the dignity of people around the world, working in over 90 countries around the globe.
CARE started operations in Ghana in 1994 and have for the past 23 years, has partnered government agencies, multinational and Civil Society organizations to undertake interventions in the areas of education, food and nutrition security, financial inclusion, women’s empowerment, governance, among others.
Job Title: Project Facilitator
CARE has a vision of a world of hope where all live in dignity and security… do you want to help us achieve this vision? CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of a Project Facilitator for a Cocoa Extension Project in partnership with Mondelez International.
This is a 2-year project aimed at increasing cocoa productivity and sustainable access to food crops; enhancing farmer organization and bargaining power of cocoa farmers; and increasing the capacity of community leaders to own and lead their development processes.
The project will be implemented in 44 communities in the Wassa-East district of the Western region.
The Project Facilitator (PF) will be based in the Wassa East district of the Western region and will be required to work in 44 communities in the district. The PF will report directly to the Project Officer, who will be based in the Kumasi Sub-Office.
The PF will supervise and provide support for four community extension agents who will provide extension services to project communities in the district. He/she will engage district level stakeholders and manage CARE’s relationship with them. The Project Facilitator (PF) is responsible for the implementation of the project at the district and community level.
- Work with Project Officer in the preparation and implementation of work plans, capacity building modules, planning and delivery of project activities.
- Support the PO to design, develop and implement project strategies and plans, ensuring they are in line with the project objectives, strategies and principles, and CARE’s mission and vision.
- Support the PO to design and implement project approaches and methodologies aiming towards community empowerment, partner capacity building, partnerships and policy influence as well as lesson learning, implement project monitoring and evaluation plan and monitor its implementation in the district.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate activities in collaboration with partners and other stakeholders, so as to ensure the efficient and effective achievement of project objectives
- Assist the PO in the preparation of monthly forecast and quarterly financial and activity reports
- Ensure monthly documentation of project best practices
- Support Project Officer to implement the M&E plan and monitor its implementation in the district.
- Work with the PO to ensure all beneficiary communities, farmer cooperatives and enterprise groups receive appropriate technical support from CARE’s District partners and consultants
- Develop, manage and supervise relationships and activities of beneficiary communities and collaborating partners
- Sensitize communities and district partners about various project objectives and support communities in the development of Community Action Plans
- Facilitate the negotiation of MOUs, SOWs, and contracts with communities and collaborating partners
- Monitor and evaluate community-level activities and submit reports to the Project Officer using approved templates
- Work with Project Officer and partners in planning and organizing training workshops for community groups and others as may be required
- Lead community sensitization and interventions in all participating communities in collaboration with partners and in line with project objectives
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum qualification of a first degree from a recognized university or Tertiary Institution in social work, community development, or adult education, or agriculture
- At least two years of field experience in working with communities, community-based organizations (CBOs) especially farmer-based organizations (FBOs) with an NGO or public sector agencies;
- Experience in facilitating linkages, relationship building and networking
- Experience in adult training methodologies such as the use of PRA/PLA tools and Community Action Planning
- Appreciable working knowledge of Akan customary practices
- Experience in smallholder agriculture and capacity building is an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills (word, excel, outlook); Excellent spoken English, Fanti and Twi; Good report writing; and ability to ride a motorbike (valid motor riding license).
- Proficient in the use of Powerpoint and Excellent presentation skills is an added advantage
- Excellent facilitation, People Skills, Integrity and Resilience / Adaptation and flexibility
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and good team player
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to [email protected].
- PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
- Closing date for submission of applications is Tuesday 25th September, 2018.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY