AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Maintenance Planner Data Clerk – Surface Infrastructure.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Maintenance Planner Data Clerk (Surface Infrastructure) is responsible for supporting all maintenance and project planning activities in the engineering department, including personnel, systems and processes to effectively and efficiently deliver on schedule and budget of all planning. Clerk is responsible for all data entry and manipulation within SAP maintenance module and assuring activities safely through SAP system in line with strategic objective of business.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, lending institutions, shareholders’ interests, environmental, health & safety legislation and company regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his planning.
- Ensure safe planning of Process Plant Infrastructure refurbishment and/or construction activities and compliance with classified plant and electrical safety obligations to meet safety targets.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Work as example to create a suitable safe work environment to motivate colleagues and contractors to achieve optimum effectiveness, productivity and operating costs
- Support and make room for continuous improvement of safety performance
- Responsible for his Surface Infrastructure Maintenance Planning to support project refurbishment activities and a smooth transition into operation
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding refurbishment works to planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Interface as directed with the operational readiness team, particularly around the rollout and implementation of SAP.
- Attend training, development and performance management improvement workshops so the Surface Infrastructure Maintenance Planning is run effectively.
- Support the Maintenance Planning Supervisor to plan all process plant and equipment refurbishment activities.
- Support with data entry the refurbishment project so the maintenance team receive accurate work plans.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Planner with data to allow Project Manager to set work program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan.
- Collate data allowing monitoring of critical activities based on the project schedule
- Collate data permitting the preparation and submittal of updated work program and cash flow curve showing actual progress and permitting identification of areas of weakness so that means and methods for recovery may be established, if any
- Assemble and enter day to day work progress monitoring data and prepare the weekly and monthly program and report.
- Maintain and record update of site work progress obtained from Project Managers and Planning Manager.
- Support the provision of master project schedule updates with respect to refurbishment and maintenance activities
- Learn and support the rollout, implementation and training of SAP maintenance system and smooth transition of the system into the operational phase in the Surface Infrastructure as part of the operating team that he is appropriately trained and proficient in using the SAP system, to support a smooth transition into operations.
- Recognise and flag up potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Collate details of spares inventory that supports current and future planning requirements – enter necessary MRP flag limits.
- Identify and notify opportunities to help prevent reoccurring failures that may adversely impact on production.
- Provide inputs into the identification of reliability monitoring by recognizing irregular and unusual repetition of potential maintenance activities.
- Ensure correct information is provided so that asset purchases are effectively and efficiently done through structured system that is consistent with AGA policies.
- Provide data input to due diligence for procuring goods and services to support the refurbishment work and maintenance plan.
- Provide data that adheres to procurement procedures and processes.
- Ensure cost codes are correctly allocated to all refurbishment activities.
- Assist in the development of quality and performance reporting metrics
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant (mechanical or electrical) engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as maintenance planner/supervisor in mining operations.
- Practical knowledge in the use of SAP
- Primavera/MS Project and advantage
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 28TH FEBRUARY, 2019.