Posted on :
18 May, 2012
18 May, 2012
The R&D Chemist position encompasses the responsibility for the planning, controlling and managing of R&D staff and the analysing of the laboratory development activities in respect of fulfilling the requirements of the R&D plan generated and controlled by the Marketing Department. Production assistance Raw material testing, product formulating and evaluations, quality control and sales technical support are all aspects which will be required for Company growth.
• Technical Executive
• Tertiary qualification in chemistry.
• Knowledge of raw materials, formulating techniques and product performance. Complete understanding of the resin chemical reaction process is critical.
• Strong computer and administration skills.
• Good Management and communication skills.
• Good understanding of products required for the protection of steel and concrete in the heavy duty industry market.
• Approximately 10 years experience in an industrial coating formulating role.
• Strong administration skills
Purpose: To ensure that market needs are developed using the latest technology taking into consideration aspects of performance, environmental impacts and profitability are within core competencies of the business. This process will require continued liaison with our Technical Marketing Department raw material suppliers and our USA, RPM partners.