Posted on :
17 Jan, 2017
17 Jan, 2017
Turning Point Farms Ltd is company registered under the company’s code of Ghana 1963 Act 179, with a five board member. The company operate in over 300 communities in the Northern and Upper East regions of Ghana with over 13,500 farmers and still counting. The company operate an out grower model that put farmers into groups and assist them in the production, as well as the marketing of their produce hence ensuring a complete value chain. The company also assist these farmers with sources of quality agriculture services and farm inputs by helping groups acquire machinery through minimal contribution schemes. We give support to the farmers in the form of providing services such as land preparation, planting, harvesting, storage, transport and distribution and marketing of their produce.
Our clients are mostly based in the rural areas where the core livelihood activities are farming and other agro related activities. The company has gained 100% loyalty from customers who largely depend on us for the progress of their activities. As an agro company, our bankers are Unibank Ghana Ltd with logistics supplies to be established with Sonalika International, (West Africa Agrotech Company Ghana Limited) to be the key suppliers of all agriculture machinery and other agro support services such as irrigation, yet to be included in our products.
Job Title: Area Supervisor
Responsible To: Operations Manager
Job Summary: Directly supervise and coordinate activities of agricultural crop or horticultural workers.
• Inspects crops, fields, or plant stock to determine conditions and need for cultivating, spraying, weeding, or harvesting.
• Assigns duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, or harvesting of crops or plants, product packaging or grading, or equipment maintenance.
• Observes workers to detect inefficient or unsafe work procedures or to identify problems, initiating corrective action as necessary.
• Reviews employees’ work to evaluate quality and quantity.
• Prepares and maintains time or payroll reports, as well as details of personnel actions, such as performance evaluations, hires, promotions, or disciplinary actions.
• Plans or supervises infrastructure or collection maintenance functions, such as planting, fertilizing, pest or weed control, or landscaping.
• Prepares reports regarding farm conditions, crop yields, machinery breakdowns, or labor problems.
• Requisitions or purchases supplies, such as insecticides, machine parts or lubricants, or tools.
• Estimates labor requirements for jobs and plans work schedules accordingly.
• Directs or assists with the adjustment or repair of farm equipment or machinery.
• Help in achieving yield recovery/ farmers loan recovery
Qualification Required & Experience
• Qualification: HND / Degree in Agriculture.
• Working Experience: 1-5years
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with CVs should be sent to:
Closing Date: 25 January, 2017
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted