Posted on :
12 Sep, 2013
The primary function of the M&E Specialist is ensure accomplishment of the Encouraging Positive Practices for Improving Child Survival (EPPICS) Project M&E objectives and results, while meeting expected technical quality standards.
• Provide M&E technical support and guidance to CRS, GHS and UDS
• Assist in the development, roll-out and implementation of the CRS grant-specific M&E system (SMILER) for the EPPICS Project
• Integrate the EPPICS M&E system into the District Health Information Management System (DHIMS) currently maintained by the GHS at the district level
• Collaborate with Health Information officers at the Northern Regional and East Mamprusi district Health Directorates to ensure alignment of the CRS grant-specific M&E with the DHIMS
• Provide support as required to the EPPICS Project Manager in completing project reporting responsibilities
• Provide monthly reports to the EPPICS Project Manager
• Develop tools and data collection instruments in collaboration with Project Manager and the UDS principal investigator on the operations research (OR) component of the EPPICS Project
• Collect, analyze and provide data that can facilitate scientific reporting as may required by the Project Manager and the Principal investigator of the OR
• As a member of the project management team, contribute to the overall project strategy development and implementation
• Develop and manage the EPPICS M&E database
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a University degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Public Health, Economics or Rural Development, Monitoring and Evaluation for Development programs or in any related field with extensive experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning
• At least five years of experience in a M&E capacity
• Knowledge of Microsoft word processing, spreadsheets, data entry and analysis packages and data bases like MS Word, Excel, Epi-info, SAS and SPSS)
• Demonstrate professional maturity and good interpersonal skills for teamwork, and good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments.
• Previous experience working on Global Fund programs is desired
• Familiarity with qualitative approaches to M&E
• Knowledge and skills in ICT4D application in development projects (use of mobile phones, GIS mapping, I-Touch Data Collection)
• Experience with the use of ICT to support M&E and CRS SMILER will be a great advantage
• Sound report writing, interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills.
• Ability to travel to the district 40% of the time
How To Apply For The Job
CRS is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting position requirements are strongly encouraged to apply Deadline for application.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. For a full copy of the job description please e-mail:- [email protected]
• To apply for this position, please submit your CV and letter of interest to[email protected] by 5p.m. on Tuesday 24 September, 2013.
• Application must be saved with this format:- Application.CV.(Name).M&E Specialist
Closing Date: 24 September, 2013