Posted on :
3 Jan, 2017
3 Jan, 2017
The Catholic University College of Ghana is among the numerous dignified private universities established by the Catholic Church worldwide. Over the years the Catholic University of Ghana has moved to gain higher reputation nationally as well as international recognition. The university is located in Ghana specifically at Fiapre, Sunyani in the Brong Ahafo Region. It was granted accreditation by the National Accreditation Board on 4 December 2002. The first batch of students started on 3 March 2003.The formal inauguration of the university was on 13 November 2003
The Catholic University College of Ghana, Fiapre is looking for an experienced applicant to occupy the vacant position of an Internal Auditor. The successful applicant’s mandate is principally to advise Management on the effectiveness of risk management controls and governance processes in the University College.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
• Supervise the preparation of quarterly Internal Audit reports of the University College
• Carries out investigations and special audits assignments in the University College
• Provide technical guidance to the Internal Audit staff
• Submit regular reports on the organization activities
• Ensure compliance with statutory accounting requirements, company policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain effective internal and adequate control mechanisms for the organization
• Undertake audit planning and schedules of jobs
• Reviews Information systems, acts, networks, database and softwares
• Undertake procurement audit
• Scrutinize and investigate relevant financial transactions
• Conducts special investigations
• Prepare Quarterly Audit report
Qualification Required & Experience
• A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a Tertiary Institution
• An MBA in Accounting is an added advantage
• Membership of a professionally recognized body/institute: i.e. CIA, ICA,ACCA, CPA, CIMA.
• A minimum of 15 years post qualification working experience in Auditing or accounting in a reputable public or private sector organization, five years of which must be at the Senior Management level
Competence and Skills
• A strong leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
• A good team player
• Capacity to inspire. motivate and coach others
• Adequate knowledge in financial, procurement, budgeting, auditing and labour regulations
• Excellent computer literacy with experience in the use of some 0 accounting softwares
How to Apply For the Job
• Applications should be forwarded not later than Tuesday, 28th February, 2017 together with a brief statement of the applicant’s vision for the position, curriculum vitae, office and residential telephone numbers, email and addresses of three referees.
• Applicants are advised to request their referees to send their confidential reports on them directly to the registrar.
The Registrar .
Catholic. University College of Ghana, Flapre
Post Office Box 363
Closing Date: 28 February, 2017
NB: Please note that only shortlisted will be contacted for interview