Posted on :
27 May, 2016
27 May, 2016
Ghana and the US Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) have entered into a Compact to help facilitate poverty reduction through economic growth in Ghana. The Millennium Development Authority (MiDA), the client, is the entity accountable for overall management of Compact implementation. MiDA is embarking on medium to long term solutions to challenges in Ghana’s power sector and to ensure a successful implementation of the Compact. MiDA intends to retain the services of a Program Management Consultant (PMC). The PMC is to represent MiDA and assume responsibility of the management of portions of the Compact related to works and services including design, and supervision associated with the Electric Company of Ghana (ECG). The PMC will also work closely with other consultants, to be engaged by MiDA, to perform project-related tasks on environmental and social performance, resettlement, social and gender inclusion and monitoring and evaluation.
If selected as the PMC, CDM Smith with its partners will provide the following during a five year engagement in Accra, Ghana:
• Management of portions of our clients Program related to works and services (from project oversight of services-related assignments, to design preparation and conducting studies, supervision of works, through commissioning and the defects liability period).
• Support our client in the related procurement processes, including preparation of bidding documents, preparation of responses to requests for clarification, contract negotiations, etc.
• Work closely with other third party consultants engaged by our client to ensure that all relevant components of the Program are delivered on schedule and budget.
CDM Smith is searching for
Job Title: Distribution Systems Engineer
• Preparation of electric network designs, technical specifications, scope of services, engineering estimates and other related engineering activities
• Power system planning activities such as preparation of distribution master plan, capacitor placement studies, etc.
• Application of international best practices, codes and standards for planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance and training
• Possible training of utility (ECG) technical staff on power system operations and maintenance
• Technical and commercial distribution system evaluations, disaggregation of losses and system loss reduction techniques
• Ensure compliance of CDM Smith’s budget, scope, schedule, quality and reporting requirements on various infrastructure assignments
• Advice and counsel to the client on matters relating to the project’s success, including project delivery, strategies, contract management, construction oversight, and commissioning
• Regular reporting to both client and other stakeholders as required
• Adherence to CDM Smith’s quality management program (QMP)
• Serve as the focal point for local issues including local staff and sub-consultants, interpretation of events on the ground, and contact for selected program stakeholders
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.