The Central University was founded by the International Central Gospel Church (ICGC) in Accra, Ghana. It started off as a pastoral training institute in 1988. It was then known as the Central Bible College by June 1991. It later became the Central Christian College in 1993 and eventually became the Central University College in 1997. Among the stated aims of the university is to provide an “integrated and biblically-based tertiary education with particular reference to the needs of the African continent”. It is currently the biggest private university in Ghana.
Central University, a newly chartered Christian, as an intergral part of its strategic imperative, is in the process of executing the next phase of its computing system. The University is, therefore, seeking to engage the services of competent and experience professional as Chief Information Technology Officer (CITO)
Job Title: Chief Information Technology Officer
The Chief Information Technology Officer (CITO) is responsible for providing overall management and administration
comprehensive computer and communication activities within the University including responsibility for providing a leadership
role in the day to day operations of the Information Technology Directorate
The CITO directs the information and data integrity of the overall Information Technology functions of the University and defines the strategic direction of information processing and communication system and operation
He/ She needs to understand, communicate, negotiate with influence a wide and diverse group Including management,faculty, staff,students and other publics of the University.
This position reports to the Registrar.
- Establish infrastructure to support and guide the University in computing and information technology efforts.
- Provide leadership for the development of a progressive IT environment throughout the University including all its campuses and distance learning Centre
- Develop policies programs, and schedules including privacy and security over-sight for academic, administrative and financial information processing and computer services to meet the University’s goals and objectives
- Develop direct and manage all computing and information technology strategic plans of the University
- Advise senior management on strategic systems conversions and integration in support of institutional goals and objectives;
- Oversee the development of the University’s technology investments
- Oversee the design and facilitate integration of sound IT architecture, technology standards and best practices for the University;
- Ensure the Identification and installation of appropriate and progressive IT infrastructure that can support a administration and enhance teaching and research. Examples include networks applications, storage systems, IT security, server platforms communication lines and equipment among others.
- Interact with senior decision makers on internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information:
- Oversee the development, Design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages
- Responsible for the University’s Integrated ERP Systems
Required Skills or Experience
- Technology specialist with MBA/MSc/ MPhil in Computer Science Computer Engineering/MIS with at least 12 years working experience at senior level management plus
- Membership of relevant professional body/association will be desirable and a key competitive advantage plus:
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Experience in change management, contracting, and negotiating
- Good knowledge of current trends in Information Technology computer systems and software as well as ability to manage the entire spectrum of Information Technology operations;
- Experience with the implementation of IT integration in a large division/company especially in an academic environment;
- Experience in resource mobilization including fund raising
- Ability to motivate teams to produce good quality results within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects;
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Work entails ability to cope with flexible work schedules
How to Apply
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related work experience should obtain employment forms either by downloading from www.central.edu.gh or from the Office of the Director (H.R.), Miotso Campus or
Call 0303 951 478 / 0302 935687 or 0289 5461 64 for further enquires
Deadline: Completed Application Forms should be submitted to the Director, Human Resources Directorate, Central University College. Miotso, latest by 30th January. 2017
(Only short listed applicants will be contacted)