Posted on :
22 Nov, 2017
22 Nov, 2017
The Central University was founded by the International Central Gospel Church (ICGC) in Accra, Ghana. It started off as a pastoral training institute in 1988. It was then known as the Central Bible College by June 1991. It later became the Central Christian College in 1993 and eventually became the Central University College in 1997. Among the stated aims of the university is to provide an “integrated and biblically-based tertiary education with particular reference to the needs of the African continent”. It is currently the biggest private university in Ghana.
Job Title: Dean, School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)
• Under the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic), the Dean is responsible for maintaining and promoting efficiency and good order and providing strategic direction in running the School in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Statutes and as may be determined by the University Council and the Academic Board.
• The Dean is the administrative and academic Head and is responsible for the general development of the School regarding human and material resources, the promotion of the work of the School in the areas of teaching, care of students, research, internationalization, and extension.
• The Dean is the Chairman of the School Board and is a member of a number of University Committees and Boards specified by the Statutes.
• candidate will be required to teach in his/her area of competence and provide strong academic, intellectual and scholarly leadership for research excellence and knowledge dissemination.
Duration of Appointment:
• Appointment is for 3 years in the first instance and may be renewed for up to 3 years.
• The salary and benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate:
• Will have academic/professional qualifications in relevant medical or allied health fields and be of Professonal status in a recognized institution and should have considerable experience in teaching, research and general administration.
• Will be an exceptional scholar with a strong managerial acumen; capable of influencing and motivating staff
• Must be capable of handling and coordinating multiple roles and also maintain high level of professional and ethical standards
• Must be visionary, business-oriented and capable of maintaining collaboration with internal/external stakeholders
• Will possess excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Must have extensive links with international bodies, advocacy groups, scholars and relevant scholarly associations and agencies.
How to Apply
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related work experience should obtain employment forms either by downloading from the university’s website www.central.edu.gh or from the Human Resource Directorate or • Call 0303-951478 / 0302-935687 / 0289-546164 for further information.
• Deadline: Completed Applications should be submitted to the Director, Human Resources Directorate, Central University, Miotso, by 30th November. 2017
• (Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted)
Closing Date: 30 November, 2017