Centre for Development Partnerships and Innovations (CDPI) is a local non-governmental organisation in Ghana with expertise in planning, implementation management, and M&E of rural water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) projects/services.
Job Title: Programme Officer – WASH, (Duty station – Anyinam)
- Category: Programmes and Administration
- Project location: Atiwa District, Eastern Region
- Duty Station: Anyinam
- Contract duration: Six Months
- Experience: 1 year
- Job expires: Wednesday, 5th September, 2018
- Work with other staff to prepare and implement the detailed project implementation plan (PIP) and strategies for the WASH Project.
- Facilitate the formation or re-organisation of Water and Sanitation Management Teams (WSMTs).
- Facilitate the formation and nurturing of Community Sanitation Committees (CSCs) to lead the community sanitation and hygiene promotion campaigns.
- Facilitate the orientation and detailed training in operation and maintenance management for WSMTs, caretakers (for hand pumps) and operating teams (for piped water services).
- Implement innovative models for household latrine construction and handwashing facilities and their widespread use with the support of the Community Development and Gender Officer.
- Implement activities that lead to the achievement of open defecation free status by project communities.
- Implement community sensitisation/animation programmes on WASH with the support of the Community Development and Gender Officer.
- Work with communities in a respectful way to ensure their full participation and ownership of the project.
- Conduct regular community consultations to discuss and build consensus on plans and schedules for completing project activities.
- Provide technical support to households and community-based organisations (WSMT and CSCs) on construction quality monitoring and operation and maintenance management of WASH infrastructure.
- Collaborate with relevant staff of the District Assembly.
- Undertake studies/assessments as may be required.
- Contribute to project monitoring and evaluation
- Develop and implement strategies that ensure project effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability, equity, inclusion, and widespread use of WASH services.
Required Skills or Experience
- First degree in a relevant discipline such as Planning, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH software) related course.
- Minimum of one year relevant experience in a WASH Project.
- Be conversant with national guidelines for rural water, sanitation and hygiene delivery.
- Be conversant with approaches to community participation in project delivery.
- Be familiar with the Community Ownership and Management concept for sustainability.
- Applicants are to include their salary expectation in the cover letter
- Applicant must be living in Eastern Region
How to Apply
CV and Cover letter addressed to:
The Executive Director Centre for Development Partnerships and Innovations Anyinam Email: [email protected]