The Centre for Scientific Research into Plant Medicine, Mampong-Akuapem is an agency under the Ministry of Health with a mandate to undertake Research and Development into plant medicine
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the position of Director, Centre for Scientific Research Into Plant Medicine, Mampong-Akuapem, Eastern Region.
- The Director is the administrative head of the Centre and is responsible for the general and financial administration of the Centre.
- The Director is also responsible to the Council of the Centre for maintaining and promoting the good order and efficiency of the Centre including defining areas of research, approval and general supervision of research
Duration of Appointment:
- Appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and may subject to review of performance be renewed for further period as the Council may determine
- The successful applicant will be expected to commence work in August, 2011 and at the time of appointment should not be more than fifty-five (55) years of age.
- The successful applicant should be able to serve for at least one full term
Salary and conditions of Service: Attractive and Negotiable
Required Skills or Experience
- Applicants must have a Ph.D degree from a recognised University preferably in any of the following research areas of the Centre including: Phytochemistry/Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical/Biomedical Sciences and related fields, with a minimum of 15 years post-doctoral research experience
- In addition, Applicants must have had considerable experience in administration and research in a similar institution.
- They must also have leadership skills, ability to direct research and be able to attract funding for research activities
Letter of application together with candidate’s full CV, photocopies of relevant certificates and at most a two page Vision/Mission Statement, should be submitted to:
The Chairman of the Search Committee
P. O. Box 73
Closing 20th May, 2011