Posted on :
5 Jan, 2023
5 Jan, 2023
Challenge Enterprises of Ghana (CEG) is a Christian Missionary organization with core values that focus on
1. Centrality of the Word of God
CEG seeks to employ a Head of Finance for the Finance Department.
Job Title: Head of Finance
Assist the CEO to provide the visionary leadership and management necessary to ensure that Challenge Enterprises of Ghana (CEG) has the proper financial controls, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the vision and mission of Challenge Enterprises of Ghana.
1. Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the Finance Department that mirrors the vision, mission and core values of the Enterprise. The bottom line is to play a key part in building a beautiful company.
2. Responsible for driving the Enterprise to achieve profitability that meets business and ministry objectives.
3. Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external in addition to providing timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Enterprise.
4. Provide direction for the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes. In so doing you will be collaborating with and assisting in providing direction to and setting targets for the Enterprise’s various operational departments.
5. Collaborate with the Senior Team (Management Team) to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of CEG.
6. In line with CEG’s vision and mission, recruit, train and retain required staff for the department in consultation with the MD and Senior Team; providing mentoring as a cornerstone to the management of their development within the Enterprise.
7. Assist, as required, in raising additional capital to enable the Enterprise to meet its sales, growth, and market share objectives.
8. Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Enterprise.
9. Represent the Enterprise together with other members of staff where necessary with clients and business partners.
10. Ensuring with relevant departments that orders are made in a timely manner and as per market and quality requirements.
11. Maintaining healthy relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
12. Monitoring inventory, warehousing and movement of products.
13. Making sure that various departments are functioning as per their approved budgets.
14. Formulating operational & financial policies and ensuring that they are strictly adhered to.
15. Act as a mediator to resolve inter-departmental conflicts where necessary.
2. Strategic Thinking.
3. Results Driven.
4. Business Acumen.
5. Financial Management.
6. Godly (living above reproach) and highly disciplined
This position has overall supervisory responsibility for all Enterprise-wide financial operations.
You will report to the C.E.O.
Head of Finance Knowledge and Skills:
1. A Head of Finance must be detail-oriented to be able to make strategic plans practically feasible.
2. Leadership and team-building skills are essential to set goals and fostering a spirit of harmony between the Finance Department and all other departments.
3. Business Analysis, Planning and Organizational skills are required to utilize the company’s resources effectively.
4. The ability to prioritize work, given that a number of tasks, related to various departments, are required to be performed on a daily basis.
This job operates in a professional and multicultural work environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work where necessary.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field from a recognized university
• Professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA/ICAG, and CIMA.
• Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and financial reporting software
• 5+ years experience in a financial managerial position with a proven record of success
How To Apply
Application is now invited from any suitably qualified person. Your application should include an application letter, your CV, 3 referees, and photocopies of relevant certificates. Kindly submit your application by email to:
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WOULD BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW