Posted on :
7 Oct, 2019
7 Oct, 2019
The council of the Chartered Institute Of Taxation Ghana, Ghana invites application from members of the institute in good standing to be considered for appointment as
Job Title: Registrar
The Registrar at the Chartered Institute Of Taxation, Ghana shall be the administrative head of the institute, responsible for the day-to-day running of the secretariat and shall be responsible to the council of the Institute.
• Be the Secretary to the Council and Committees of council
• Implement council decisions
• Assist all faculties and committees of council in the discharge of their functions
• Maintain an up-to-date register Of all Chartered Tax Practitioners and Tax
• Practitioners admitted into membership of the Institute in a prescribed format.
• Maintain an up-to-date register of all student members of the Institute in a prescribed format
• Facilitate the exchange of information and ideas of all stakeholders related to the practice of taxation
• Liaise with other related bodies in Ghana and internationally for co-operation with the aim of enriching the technical base of the taxation profession
• Responsible for the publication of the Students’ Newsletter and Journal of the institute
• Responsible for the conduct of the institute’s examination with strict adherence to the standards prescribed by the council
• Responsible for developing and implementing an effective information and communications technology systems for the institute
• Provide leadership to and monitor the performance of the personnel of the Institute
• Be responsible for the managerial, administrative, financial and technical matters of the institute
• Any other duties as directed by the Council
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must be a Chartered Tax Practitioner with at least a Master’s degree in Administration, Management, or a related discipline from a recognized university.
• At least 10 years of tax practice experience at technical and strategic levels working within the capacity building, management or a tax environment
• A proven strong leadership profile, experience at management level and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to translate strategic and policy decisions of the council into actionable activities.
• The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of three (3) years in the first instance and may be reappointed for a further term of three (3) years only subject to satisfactory performance.
• The applicant must be between 35 and 45 years
How to Apply
Applications together with the following: • Curriculum vitae • Name and address of three confidential referees To reach the: Registrar, Chartered Institute Of Taxation, Ghana P. O. Box OS 1558, Osu, Accra. or J.J.Martey Block University of Professional Studies, Accra Legon, Accra or [email protected]
Closing Date: 18 October 2019