Posted on :
15 Oct, 2021
15 Oct, 2021
Dimensions of the Role
• This section provides a summary of the size and authority of the post. It covers the size of the budget held, the numbers of direct reports, other key stakeholders who may depend on it, the type of communication required, the external representation involved and the reach of the role.
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
• Area of Responsibility – Country wide
• Located at country level
• Programs systems and processes for compliance and management information
• Risk Management and support for the proper functioning of all Plan systems.
• Provide the Management of Plan International Ghana with updated and concise information on its operations and program implementation and proactively identify risks which need to be mitigated and/or eliminated.
• To oversee internal control in all of our program units’ offices including Grants and sponsorship programs.
• Plan International Ghana is working through partners, and will continue to increase its portfolio of engagement with partners. The position will therefore be responsible for leading due diligence against all partners, supporting the development of capacity building plans, regularly conducting audits, and working closely with the Programs team to support them in the implementation of the Plan’s Building Better Partnerships policy.
• Plan International Ghana has a sponsorship caseload of 27,653. There is an absolute need to assure management of the quality of communications produced thus to continue maintenance of sponsors trust.
• To identify and analyze the risks that may impede Plan International Ghana from achieving its objectives concerning its partners and communities by providing appropriate measures to satisfactorily manage the different risks identified.
• To provide reasonable assurance on the functionality of procedures and policies in order to assure management of the protection and safeguarding of children and other key stakeholders; and the accuracy and reliability of financial reporting and supporting information.
Qualification Required & Experience
Knowledge and Experience
• Second Degree in the fields of Accounting, or Auditing or its equivalent in a related field of study.
• Extensive practical experience of at least five – seven years of practical Audit Management experience in a recognized organization either in the INGO sector or public accounting firm.
• Fully qualified CA, CIA, CPA, ACCA, or other internationally recognized accounting/auditing qualification.
• Knowledge about program and project implementation is an added advantage.
• Ability to train and mentor a team, partners and communities
• Good analytical and synthesis skills
• Ability to study and quickly understand new operating environment and organizational systems.
• Good communication skills (written and oral)
• Good listening and negotiating skills
• Independence and objectivity, you should be able to work with minimum supervision
• Organized, methodical and meticulous
• Promoting high performance
• Open to feedback and willing to try new approaches and processes
• Excellent Team spirit.
• Promotes innovation, learning and transparency
• Communicates effectively and enthusiastically as appropriate to the audience
• Gains, develops and retains credibility
• Behaves consistently in their approach to work and decision making
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 11 October, 2021