Posted on :
21 Jun, 2018
21 Jun, 2018
The Executive Assistant supports the day-to-day management of the GHSC-PSM program. S/he assists the Country Director to ensure that the GHSC-PSM-Ghana communicates effectively and timely with all key stakeholders, including USAID, Chemonics staff, Government counterparts, and other organizations. S/he will work closely with the GHSC-PSM technical management team to ensure coordinated communication with the field office management team and Home Office team, including keeping an updated calendar for monitoring key project’s event and deliverables and submission of internal and external reports, as well as timely completion of action items originating from management meetings. The Executive Assistant should comply with GSHC-PSM Ghana regulatory requirements and Chemonics’ policies and procedures.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the following principle duties and responsibilities:
• Provide support to the Country Director in overall project management functions.
• Schedule and attend project management team meeting and other ad-hoc meetings as required. Produce and distribute minutes as assigned.
• Work closely with GHSC-PSM senior management and technical teams during annual work planning and budgeting processes, provide administrative and technical support.
• Develop and manage action item trackers and follow-up on action items through their completion with the person/s assigned.
• Assist the Country Director in managing emails organizing project information, resources, and staff to respond to time sensitive requests from funding agencies.
• Serve as point person to manage requests to the Country Director, ensure that information is gathered, and draft responses in a timely manner.
• Manage and ensure that all requests for technical, contractual, financial and operational assistance are being attended to and are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Serve as liaison between GHSC-PSM Country Director, internal technical teams, and the Home Office team
• Communicate with GHSC-PSM Country Team to ensure information flow and effective project support
• Develop and manage SharePoint filing system, record and file meeting discussions, manage action item trackers, manage approval processing for the Country Director
• When assigned, disseminate programmatic and administrative information to internal and external audience on behalf of the Country Director
• Coordinate with all relevant teams within GHSC-PSM to manage and ensure documentation and file retention of all electronic and hard copy materials relevant to the project’s technical and administrative operations, including MOUs, technical reports, monthly reports and others
• Transcribe, format, edit, collect, and compile information, coordinate presentations and reports; manage reporting schedule.
• Draft letters and documents; develop and manage correspondence filing and retrieval system for the Country Director; manage correspondence tracker.
• Schedule meetings, travel, and transportation; ensure efficient utilization of project resources through coordination of travels for the Country Director
• Support the Country Director in managing the staff performance review process.
• Undertake other relevant activities as appropriate.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, social science, communications, business administration, or related field
• 4-6 years of professional experience.
• Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet competing deadlines with attention to detail and quality of work.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook
• Excellent ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English; English language proficiency required.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully participate on teams that respond to and meet the challenges of working together in a fast-paced work setting with technical staff.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
• Must be willing to travel to the regions as required.
• Previous USAID experience strongly preferred
• Level of Effort and Location
This is a long-term position based out of Accra, Ghana with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.
The Executive Assistant will report to the GHSC-PSM Country Director.