Posted on :
21 Jun, 2018
21 Jun, 2018
The USAID GHSC-PSM Project is the primary mechanism through which the USAID procures and delivers critical public health commodities, and provides technical assistance to improve Ghana’s public health commodity supply chain system. To achieve this mandate, the project collaborates effectively with key in-country and international stakeholders to support key global health initiatives.
The HIV/AIDS Program Officer will provide technical support to, and liaise closely with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and other counterparts to ensure HIV/AIDS commodity availability and security in Ghana.
Job Title: HIV/AIDS Program Officer
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Coordinate and provide technical assistance and logistical support to the MOH and the Ghana Health Service (GHS) in national forecasting and quantification of HIV/AIDS commodities to prepare and regularly update supply plans to donors.
• Provide oversight in the management of the HIV commodities pipeline.
• Assist the Ministry of Health (MOH) with drafting and submitting commodity procurement requests for USAID-funded commodities.
• Provide technical assistance and logistical support to the MOH/GHS in regular commodity distribution to ensure sufficient stock is available to meet client needs at all levels of the supply chain.
• Regularly report on commodity stock status and health facility performance as relates to HIV commodity and case management.
• Provide assistance with End Use Verification (EUV) exercises, ensuring that MOH/GHS staff is cognizant of data collection methodologies.
• Provide technical assistance to MOH by conducting and measuring system performance through monitoring and supervision of activities at the health facility level.
• Inform leadership of potential short-term technical assistance needs as required.
• Support the development of annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports, and other related communications.
• Provide and/or organize technical assistance and training for MOH/GHS staff across all levels in HIV/AIDS commodity management.
• Collaborate with other members of the GHSC-PSM Systems Strengthening team focused on capacity building and Management Information Systems (MIS) to have a harmonized approach and ensuring MOH/GHS staff are equipped with the • skills to address supply chain needs.
• Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in health systems, public policy, supply chain, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience.
• Experience working on USAID or donor-funded projects preferred
• Experience building effective relationships with cooperating partners and stakeholders, especially government counterparts at national and regional levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Fluency in English required
• Level of Effort and Location
This is a long-term position based in Accra, Ghana with intermittent travel throughout the country.