Posted on :
12 Oct, 2021
12 Oct, 2021
Chemonics International is seeking to recruit Malaria Program Officer
Project: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (USAID GHSC-PSM) Ghana
The USAID GHSC-PSM Project is the primary vehicle through which USAID provides supply chain technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service to 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) improve Ghana’s management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The Malaria Program Officer will report directly to the USAID GHSC-PSM Public Health Programs Team Lead and will provide technical support to and liaise routinely with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ghana Health Service and other counterparts to ensure in-country Malaria commodity availability.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Provide technical assistance and logistical support for supervision of malaria commodity distribution
• Liaising closely with the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) to ensure malaria commodity availability in Ghana
• Coordinate and provide technical support to the MOH and the Ghana Health Service (GHS) in the national forecasting and quantification of malaria commodities to prepare supply plans.
• Provide oversight in the management of the pipeline of malaria commodities and share updates with key stakeholders
• Assist the NMCP with drafting and submitting commodity procurement requests for USAID-Funded malaria commodities and in monthly malaria commodity distribution planning to ensure health facilities have sufficient stock to meet patient needs
• Regularly report on stock status of malaria commodities, as well as health facility performance in security related to malaria commodities and malaria case management
• Assist with End Use Verification (EUV) exercises, ensuring that MOH and GHS staff is cognizant of data collection methodologies
• Provide technical assistance to NMCP in conducting performance monitoring and supervision activities at the health facility and regional medical store level
• Inform leadership of potential short-term technical assistance needs as required
• Assist with preparing annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports and other related communications
• Provide and /or organize technical assistance and training for MOH and/or GHS staff across all levels in malaria commodity management
• Collaborate with other members of the Systems Strengthening team focused on capacity building and MIS to have a harmonized approach to ensuring MOH and GHS staff are equipped with the skills to address supply chain needs.
• Collaborate with MoH/GHS and key stakeholders to build capacity and utilize the GhiLMIS.
• Perform other duties as required and assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in health systems, public policy, supply chain, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience.
• Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred.
• Experience building effective relationships with cooperating partners and stakeholders, especially government counterparts at national and regional levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Fluency in English required
Level of Effort and Location
This is a long-term position and will be based in Accra, with intermittent travel throughout the country.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.