Posted on :
12 Oct, 2021
12 Oct, 2021
Chemonics International is seeking to recruit Supply Chain Technical Advisor, M&E and Communications
TITLE: Supply Chain Technical Advisor, M&E and Communications
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (USAID GHSC-PSM) Ghana
• The USAID GHSC-PSM Project will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) provide technical assistance to improve Ghana’s management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
• The Supply Chain Technical Advisor M&E and Communications will report directly to the USAID GHSC-PSM Country Director and will be responsible for leading and managing the implementation of the project’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plan, designing and populating the project’s MEL system, and performance reporting to project stakeholders. The Supply Chain Technical Advisor- M&E and Communications will also work with technical staff to oversee tools for data collection, storage, and analysis. S/he will perform in-depth data analyses, generate reports on findings, and produce analytic outputs to meet reporting requirements and project communications products. S/he will also plan for and supervise intermittent performance evaluations, collect and disseminate lessons learned, and share successes during project implementation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Set up the MEL system
• Review the project contract and other background documentation such as the client’s strategic objectives, results framework, MEL plan, and country strategy to understand how the project helps to achieve the client’s goals.
• Lead the field team in refining the project’s results framework and provide technical supportin development of project workplans.
• Lead the implementation of the project’s MEL plan and report on project indicators as defined in the indicator reference sheets.
• Support the Country Director and project staff in the field and home offices to include among to priorities the monitoring and evaluation and the use of information for learning purposes.
• Work with the project’s staff to ensure that they appropriately attend to their roles and responsibilities in the collection and reporting of data for the monitoring and evaluation system.
• Hold regular briefing sessions with project staff to ensure the MEL plan meets their requirements and the rationale for each indicator is clearly understood.
• Ensure that all Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), services agreements, or other contractual arrangements with partners stipulate their responsibilities for data collection and monitoring.
• Design and share databases and spreadsheets as well as formats for reporting information.
• Develop and manage the implementation of project communication plan to ensure project results accurately disseminated to stakeholders
Implement the project’s approved MEL plan
• Organize the collection of baseline data and the setting of targets. In cases where baselines and targets are not yet possible, describe “next steps” the field team must take to identify them. Oversee the collection of baseline data.
• Review performance monitoring indicators, track progress towards targets and ensure results inform the development of interventions.
• Conduct in-depth analysis of project data and other relevant including systemic data triangulation to drive evidence based decision making
• Develop and implement a systematic plan to ensure the availability of quality data and results in accordance with the MEL plan.
• Train project staff to help them collect data.
• Ensure data quality and integrity by implementation data quality audits to systematically improve data confidence and address anomalies .
• Identify and track reliable secondary (external) sources of data.
• Conduct periodic training for project staff, stakeholders, and/or partners. Share information to help them monitor the progress of their work and use the data for strategic decision-making.
• Maintain the MEL system, periodically evaluate its effectiveness, and adjust as necessary to provide the project with accurate and useful data.
• Manage the implementation of field surveys and assessments including the use of electronic data collection tools, particularly the Survey CTO platform.
• Lead the development and implementation of the project’s communications and knowledge exchange strategy;
• Set as needed internal and external communications standards, guidelines, processes and protocols;
• Work closely with the M&E and technical teams to identify data, stories, and articles for communications materials;
• Stay informed of all major issues in the Ghana health sector and of the project’s strategies and methods, programs and activities, results and achievements, and on best practices, lessons learned and success stories so that project communication is rich, diverse and well grounded.
• In collaboration with Technical Director, Team Leaders, and other technical personnel, draft or edit, finalize and ensure the publication and dissemination of written materials and website content on the project, health system and needs of the Ghana population. Materials and content may include abstracts, reports, presentations, brochures, articles, press releases, speeches, briefings and update notes, blog posts, and social media content.
• Ensure compliance with all contract requirements that relate to reporting (such as the Quarterly and Annual Progress Reports) and draft program statements describing connections between implementation and results for submission to the Chemonics USAID/GHSC-PSM leadership team, MOH/GHS and USAID.
• Manage distribution process of communications material so the right information gets to the right audiences at the right time.
• Provide support to the project leadership in maintaining effective communications with USAID, the MOH/GHS, other partner organizations, and stakeholders, including timely response to requests for information.
• Assist the Country Director with managing media relations.
• Provide strategic and programmatic advice on communications and knowledge exchange to project leadership to strengthen program design, workplans and implementation.
• Oversee the management of the project’s photo and video library as well as of the project’s institutional memory to ensure that information and materials are easy to access.
• Work closely with the home office on campaigns, annual reports, and other USAID/GHSC-PSM communications activities. Provide new and/or updated written material for Chemonics websites, newsletters, and social media.
• Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Country Director.
Qualification Required & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of Eight (8) years of experience in related field; USAID experience preferred.
• Skilled in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems in a development context as well as experience in supply chain management for health commodities.
• Strong analytical skills required; experience with MS Office 365 and analytical tools and statistical package such as SPSS, Power BI and Advanced Excel, STATA, or SAS preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; proven ability to work effectively on teams in a multi-cultural context and the ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information for non-expert audiences.
• Familiarity with social media required.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Fluency in English required.
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Accra, Ghana with intermittent travel throughout the country.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.