CHF International is an international development organization founded in 1952 that works in post-conflict, unstable and developing countries. We partner with communities around the world to help them to direct the improvement of their lives and livelihoods. We believe that the people best suited to decide what a community needs are the people of the community itself. CHF is a politically neutral, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, that prides itself on an approach which is accountable, efficient and effective.
Reports To: Finance & Administrative Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine invoices for accuracy, completeness, allocability and allowability.
- Apply and comply with CHF’s Field Financial Manual.
- Process invoices for payment using QuickBooks/Excel.
- Review QuickBooks entries for accuracy.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statements.
- Ensure Cash Advances are retired on a timely manner.
- Ensure timely payment of statutory deductions.
- Review of Sub-grantees Financial Statements, and follow up of queries.
- Maintain Sub-grantees, Contractors and Consultants Register.
- Maintain Sound Filing system for Financial Records.
- Assist in Preparation & Management of Budgets – CHF & Partners.
- Assist with financial capacity building of colleagues and partners.
- Supervise the work of the regional accountant.
- Assists with Preparation of periodic Financial Reports, and forwarding same by e-mail to International HQ as the case may be – eg. QuickBooks reports, Sub-Grantees reports, Burn reports, etc.
- Provide in a timely manner the information for the weekly reports for the Program Directors.
- Work closely with Programs Teams in program implementation.
- Assure that weekly “back up” are performed
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all duties at CHF International. CHF reserves the right to change and update the position descriptions at any time.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least five continuous years experience working with an International NGO on a USAID funded project.
- University degree in Accountancy and/ or Professional Accounting qualification.
- Good knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations is required.
- Hands on experience with Quickbooks accounting software.
- High degree of computer literacy; MS Excel and MS Word are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
How To Apply
Application should be forwarded to:
Closing date: 11 Nov, 2011