Chipper Cash is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
Job Title: Staff Software Engineer – Crypto Backend
- We are a small team. You will be encouraged to engage in high-level technical decision-making, and there will be a lot of room for growth for early hires as the company continues to expand.
- The Chipper team is truly global on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, London, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi
- You will not be micromanaged. We have an engineering team culture centered on open communication, honest feedback, and personal responsibility.
About Our Tech Stack
- Node.js + Typescript service-based architecture
- React Native Android/iOS application
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform
- Fully automated CI/CD using Heroku CI and Github
- Application monitoring with Datadog, Logz.io, and Amplitude
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting
The Crypto team at Chipper is currently a small, close-knit team that is expanding rapidly as we seek to add new features and integrate with more providers. As a product-focused team, we always seek to include stakeholders from design, product, and engineering in the decisions we make so that we provide the best user experience. We are adventuring and bold and look to be pioneers for crypto in Africa. We have a lot of hobbies outside of work and are passionate about things that interest us. Much of the team has a genuine interest in blockchain technology and the latest technological advancements in engineering.
What You Will Be Doing
- Integrating with several APIs
- Working with the Product, Design, and Engineering teams regularly
- Building engineering code solutions that scale reliably
- Collaborating with other engineers from other teams
- Reviewing code submitted by other engineers
- Supporting investigations for any incidents or bugs that arise
- Scoping new features and writing technical specifications
- Mentoring junior and mid-level engineers
- Participating in planning meetings and architectural discussions
What You Should Have
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of experience working in either Crypto or Fintech
- 5+ years of experience working with API Integrations
- Can bring new technologies and patterns to the wider engineering team
- Experience working across multiple teams, leading multiple initiatives, and being a technical force multiplier for teams
- Experience architecting systems and then implementing them
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You have completed a degree in Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Bonus: You have the ability to program or understand smart contracts and Decentralized Finance (Defi)
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.