POSITION: TAX ACCOUNTANT
REPORTS TO: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Working as part of the Finance Team, the Tax Accountant shall be responsible for coordinating tax planning, compliance, and reconciliations tasks in conformance with the company’s values of Outstanding Corporate Citizen, and Rigorous Financial Discipline.
- Assist with review and update of tax systems, procedures and policies
- Prepare and arrange returns submission and / or payment within the regulatory deadlines of such taxes as Withholding Tax, VAT & NHIL, Mineral Royalties, Forestry Royalties, National Fiscal Stabilisation Levy, Local and Expatriate Employees PAYE, etc.
- Support the corporate income tax computation and filing process by providing the necessary information / details, appropriate supporting documents and schedules.
- Update and maintain proper tax compliance registers.
- Assist with the calculation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual income and deferred tax provisions. These include handling Group quarterly tax packs.
- Manage the tax side of the budgeting and forecasting process
- Reconcile all tax related general ledger accounts
- Assist with tax audits and in dealing with all correspondences, queries, and action plans arising on tax matters.
- Develop and maintain effective liaison with Regional Tax Team, local tax authorities, and external auditors / tax advisory teams.
- Consistently follow up on tax subjects such as Tax Clearance Certificates, Withholding Tax Certificates, VAT Refund Claims, etc.
- Liaise with the Capital / Project Accountant and provide external advisors and auditors appropriate schedules on additions to PP&Es for capital allowances purposes monthly/ quarterly / annual basis
- Other accounting tasks that may be assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional qualification – CIT or its equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and work to deadlines
- Must be well versed in MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Experience in Mining or Extractive industry is preferred
- Good technical accounting skills
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in Ghanaian income tax laws , Customs Laws, VAT, Withholding Tax, VAT & NHIL, Mineral Royalties, Forestry Royalties, National Fiscal Stabilisation Levy, Local and Expatriate Employees PAYE, etc.
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for the above positions, please send your application letter and current CV with references, indicating your e-mail address, telephone contact information to the address below:
Closing date: 21 Oct, 2011