Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and has mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate. At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Senior Plant Metallurgist
Reports to and take instructions from the Metallurgical Superintendent and work towards building a strong relationship of teamwork and continuous improvement to increase production and reduce cost of operations.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Maintain and manage agreed projects to improve the Metallurgical performance of the plant within established operational parameters to ensure identified target are met ensuring maximum metal extraction at minimal cost.
- Provide technical resource and information for the Production and Maintenance Departments as and when required for the purpose of optimizing productivity, resolving key issues on the plant and minimizing consumable and reagent usage.
- To review and approve Metallurgical Accounting by ensuring all correct metallurgical data are entered and balanced for daily, weekly, monthly production and forecast reports.
- Execute accurate performance and environmental monitoring through sampling and analytical procedures cost effectively with regards to high level of safety of self and fellow employees.
- Generate prompt and precise metallurgical reports.
- Assist in the preparation of production forecast, process operating budgets and monthly process reports.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the Chirano process plant operation.
- Ensure gold room duties are carried out effectively and safely as well as bullion documentations and shipments are done within stipulated time.
- Responsible for Metallurgical Laboratory and personnel to perform metallurgical test work and routine metallurgical functions as required.
- Provide leadership, coaching and training for Plant Metallurgist, National Service and Graduate Trainee on the plant.
- Undertake other duties as required by Processing Manager and Metallurgical Superintendent.
- Act in the absence of Metallurgical Superintendent.
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc. Degree or Diploma holder in Metallurgical/Mineral Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years working experience in a Senior Plant Metallurgist position on a CIL / CIP gold plant.
- Must possess MINCOM certification.
- Must have in-depth knowledge in Metallurgical accounting, CIL/CIP plant optimization, Metallurgical Test works procedures and metallurgical laboratory management.
- Must have in-depth knowledge in the usage of AAS machine for analysis.
- Must possess strong metallurgical analysis background.
- Applicant should be a good team player and willing to work beyond normal working hours if the need arise.
- The applicant must be proactive and have the drive to initiate for challenging works.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office – Advanced Excel, projects and power point.
- Possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good defensive driving skills
How to Apply
Interested employees with the requisite qualifications and skills should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the email address below not later than 5th July, 2019.
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below
The Human Resources & C/PR Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.