Posted on :
28 Mar, 2018
28 Mar, 2018
Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate. At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Auto Electrician
• Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness and maintain production goals and objectives as a team.
• Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement programme.
• Perform periodic and scheduled inspections to maintain CGML assets according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards.
• Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to the Company’s work management practices and participate in Root Cause Analysis of failures when required.
• Read electrical schematics & diagrams and trace electrical failures on all Underground Mobile Equipment.
• Report all defects and breakdowns on equipment /machinery and provide relevant feedback to the supervisor and co-workers regarding equipment performance and conditions.
• Attend to defects raised on pre-start reports, breakdown and inspection reports to ensure availability of machinery and cost compliance.
• Perform other duties as reasonably assigned by your supervisor or his appointee.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Trade/Craft Certification in Auto Electricals or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Must have at least 3–5 years working experience in mining maintenance field.
• Experienced with Preventive / Predictive Maintenance processes on all Underground Machines.
• Must possess adequate craft knowledge and skill to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job. Must have a demonstrated ability to visualize and communicate the execution of work.
• Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, parts books and service manuals (including specifications) for Company Equipment and plan jobs in coordination with colleagues.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good driving skills and the ability to drive underground.
How to Apply
Applicants with the requisite skills & qualifications are to apply to the address below not later than 7th April,2018. [email protected] Or The Human Resources ManagerChirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani Please indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online.
Closing Date: 07 April, 2018