Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate. At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Security Control Room Supervisor
- Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness and ensure relevant Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations are in full force at the work place.
- Responsible for performing skilled technical work in the installation, maintenance, repair, modification, and testing of access control, closed circuit television (CCTV) and security systems hardware and software.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, and video cameras, and attach electrical and telephone wiring in order to connect components.
- Ensure the efficient working of the control room by ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, current legislation and the codes of practice.
- Ensure that the control room and all equipment is maintained satisfactorily at all times by ensuring that faults are remedied as soon as practicable.
- Ensure the accurate recording of all events and actions monitored from within the control room including the maintenance of daily logs.
- Monitor CCTV cameras to provide shift cover/additional support when operationally necessary (e.g. busy times, staff absence).
- Keep the management information system up to date and produce monthly/quarterly performance reports, as required.
- Ensure that video footages are stored securely under the Data Protection regulations and maintain the security of the control room environment.
- Understand and comply with the requirements of legislation that govern CCTV operations in order to maintain the security and integrity of the company’s CCTV System.
- Evaluate existing and emerging technology that can be used to enhance security systems.
- Perform other duties as reasonably assigned by your supervisor.
- Perform other duties as reasonably assigned by your supervisor or his appointee.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or a related field.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience or 3-5 years of experience in security systems installation.
- A comprehensive knowledge of integrated security systems is required.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to act with tact, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Ability to monitor, maintain and improve present systems and practices.
- Ability to learn and be adaptable to changes in procedures and technology.
- Proven ability to assess and react quickly to situations as they unfold.
- Working knowledge of IT security systems.
- Experience in project management.
- Previous knowledge of working within a relevant environment, preferably CCTV.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skills.
How to Apply
Applicants with the requisite skills & qualifications are to apply to the address below not later than 15th October, 2018:
The Human Resources Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Applicants are to indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online.