Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States,Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work,and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Senior Strategic Mine Planning Engineer
Responsibilities & Duties for Senior Strategic Mine Planning Engineer
- Support corporate feasibility study and technical due diligence efforts including preparation of open pit mine designs, costs and schedules.
- Appraise mining methods, processing methods, operating cost, capital spending, production schedules, dilution and ore loss.
- Identify key engineering and mining success factors and issues that could impact the economic viability of mine plans and mine designs.
- Prepare engineering studies aiding resource estimates for life of mine planning purposes.
- Design and develop processes, practices and methodologies in engineering and ensure alignment with the organization’s long-term strategy.
- Perform Reforecasts of budget and LOM plan or schedules as may be required.
- Prepare bench development plans and monitor medium and short term mine scheduling and pit activities to ensure compliance to mining schedule
- Prepare and develop waste dump lift development plans and dumping Sequences. Initiate and undertake projects to optimize performance within engineering and to ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards.
- Ensure maximum return on investment by carrying out optimization, design and evaluation work, calculating ore reserves in accordance with established planning policies such as cut-off grades and legislative requirements.
- Evaluate alternative designs and mine plans based on various operational scenarios with the goal of maximizing productivity and revenue
- Contribute to the business capability to mine safety by actively identifying risks and threats to achieving targets and developing, establishing and managing programs to ensure those risks are minimized or eliminated.
- Ensure that all members of the mining teams have clear understanding and direction of Project objectives by leading and controlling the coordination of regular planning meetings, ensuring deliverables are accurately recorded and distributed.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor in accordance with the company’s policies
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of open pit engineering experience.
- Must have good working knowledge and experience with strategic planning and budgeting in the mining industry.
- Must have thorough understanding of open pit mining operations, as well as a general understanding of milling operations and mine maintenance.
- Must be able to perform financial modelling and analysis in a mining environment.
- Must be proficient with mine planning software systems for pit optimization and design, preferably Surpac, MineSched, Whittle, NPVS, TALPAC
- Must have basic knowledge of all phases of mining & milling operations and proficiency in spreadsheet based cash flow analysis.
- Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
- Good written and oral communication and report writing skills.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with defensive driving skills
How to Apply
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 30th November, 2018. [email protected] Or
The Human Resources & C/PR Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.